Small Thrift Find

Inspiribomb

Enjoy the journey
Made the rounds after work and found a Pioneer TX-5500 II tuner in pretty good shape for 15 bucks. I picked it up and looked it over, couldn't believe how small/light it was! It felt like a toy compared to my Kenwood KT-8300 and 7300! I decided to pass, simply because I don't need another tuner, I have better ones and at 15 bucks, I didn't think I could resell it for much. This is, however, a good sign that nice things are still getting donated to the thrifts!

I have one and it's a cute little tuner. I would say performance is comparable to a SX-750 or 780 tuner section. Yes, it's lightweight and small but still sports a brushed aluminum faceplate and glass dial. And it's Made in Japan :D Mine was $7.50 at the local thrift.

"Cute" is definately the word for it. I may pick it up for my step dad for his shop, if its still there that is...

The thrifts are still coughing up some nice stuff on occasion, at lunch today I scored an SX-838. Supposedly the FM is not working, plus it is missing the selector knob, but other than those two issues it is beautiful looking, not even any scratches on the wood cover. Not bad for $14.99! Anybody got an extra knob laying around??...

Back
Top Bottom