Smaller Advent score

WildWest

Kewl...yanked some nice acustic suspension Advents out of a trift store today. Seems I don't find much of jack anymore so I got a kick out of this.

I think these were from the old Kloss days. Maybe someone here knows more. BUT, what is awesome is that I would swear someone had new surrounds put in them. Very soft and new looking ya know? Wonder why Advents always had such nasty looking dust caps though hmmmmm? So I hooked them up and they sounded real good. Likely not worth all so much but I can't walk away from a cabinet that has that solid "knock knock" to it sigh.

Last edited:
Note: I pulled the main driver as I am such a curious cat and like most acustic suspension speakers it is full of foam or some kind of deadening material. Crossovers are not that impressive though. Oh well, still sound suprisingly good.

WTG!
I scored a pair of the smaller Advents a while back. I wonder if the smaller just wears better than the larger?

pete

The Smaller Advents were engineered by Henry after the original Advent Loudspeakers and as much thought and work went into them as the originals. Sound is very close save for the extreme lower end. The woofers seem to be THE key. They were designed for smaller rooms and for ss equip and are 4 ohms to utilize the increased power of ss into lower impedances.

I have a pair of each and other than the surrounds which seem to need replacing every 5 years or so if the original material is used (and should be), provided you don't abuse them you should really be happy. A caveat with the tweeters. Do not remove the wire grill. It's there to 1) protect the cone which is vulnerable because of its size and 2) to limit the excursion becasue of overdriving them.

Back
Top Bottom