SMSL M8A DAC listed at $179.99 for 3 more days

gvl, where does the Parasound D/AC1000 wind up in sound quality after trying several other DAC's? I'm mainly interested in Red Book use at the moment.
Thanks

BillWojo

To stay on topic I'll keep it short. It certainly delivers the most dramatic experience as compared to some others I heard, which is not to say I heard all that many. It is sensitive to jitter, so you need to have a good source for it to shine or maybe an upstream reclocker.

This is M8 and P1 related, so I was bummed out about losing one channel on my M8 and SMSL told me to send it their way and have a look at it free of charge. I got the M8 back today and its still out one channel. I decided to plug the original wall wart and see if that will work and guess what it did. Now I know the problem is with the P1. I am contacting SMSL about them repairing the P1.

So... am I just getting used to the over processed sound or is it actually sounding better :dunno::dunno:

Edit: and there are some KLH’s in the mix now while I do the crossovers on the KG’s. I was also having these crazy thoughts with the Klipsch the last few sit downs.

So... am I just getting used to the over processed sound or is it actually sounding better :dunno::dunno:

Edit: and there are some KLH’s in the mix now while I do the crossovers on the KG’s. I was also having these crazy thoughts with the Klipsch the last few sit downs.

Since you have been at it for a while I'm guessing your'e being conditioned to it. I'm sure someone will say "burn - in" but I'm not positive about that.

Eric

Since you have been at it for a while I'm guessing your'e being conditioned to it. I'm sure someone will say "burn - in" but I'm not positive about that.

Eric

This was kind of tongue in cheek :cool:. With my background I understand that is probaly what is happening but damn if it doesn’t happen. o_O

:beerchug:

Edit: and dude I am weird. I truely like KLH and Klispch equally??

Last edited:
Well, he has 2 different animals - the rolled off high KLH and the honky to the extreme Klipsch. It is hard to make any decisions on DACs with those speakers, unless you are used to the voicing.

I did not find the SMSL M8 too crisp on top but it was missing a little in the midrange for me.

It still sounds over processed with the KLH’s. Tweaking the room for them as I type this. We shall see.

Well, he has 2 different animals - the rolled off high KLH and the honky to the extreme Klipsch. It is hard to make any decisions on DACs with those speakers, unless you are used to the voicing.

I did not find the SMSL M8 too crisp on top but it was missing a little in the midrange for me.

Synergy? Mid range is the best thing it does in my set up:dunno:

2EEDC3EA-26E0-403E-98E7-32E5304FB65B.jpeg And is there any decent Motörhead to stream? Everyone of them sounds like CHT so far.
:wtf:

Motorhead still sounds like Motorhead, no matter what medium you use. They were recorded on the cheap, hence they sound like crap.

Don’t disagree about the recordings for the most part. But nothing I play digital including CDs sounds as precise as any of my vinyl. But hey seems everyone always knows what everyone else hears on this site. :D

This was kind of tongue in cheek :cool:. With my background I understand that is probaly what is happening but damn if it doesn’t happen. o_O

Edit: and dude I am weird. I truely like KLH and Klispch equally??

Teh digitals conditions ur brainz!

Eric

Don’t disagree about the recordings for the most part. But nothing I play digital including CDs sounds as precise as any of my vinyl. But hey seems everyone always knows what everyone else hears on this site. :D

Time for a DAC upgrade maybe?

That is just it, vinyl is not more accurate. Compressed highs and lows, lowered stereo separation, and lower dynamic range. Yeah it's more accurate.....
See I am an uneducated moron so I don’t know what I hear!

Back
Top Bottom