Snagged Sansui 5050

MJ Clemmer

I picked up a Sansui 5050 at a G sale for $3.... I think its a pretty good deal, looks and sound MINT, ill post pics soon...:yippy: :guitar: :guitar: :banana: :thmbsp:

You'll love that little guy. I have a 6060 I got at St Vinnie's Dig'n'Save for $4...dial lights out and ratty vinyl. I fixed the lamps (blown fuse) and I'm going to recover it. It looks really nice now, and sounds gorgeous. I used it for a long time in my bedroom system, but the G-22000 is in there now. I may stick the 6060 back in there as the G is just huge. The 6060 will be the bedroom rig when we buy a house though, I have a pair of Sansui AS-200 3-way speaks to use with it, they sound really nice. They aren't Kabuki speaks like a lot of Sansuis...they're more a KLH knockoff, made around 70-72 I think....

The 5050-9090 series is my favorite Sansui line...beautiful units and they sound great.

TP

thats cool, I just figured what the heck $3 for a Sansui that looks BRAND NEW... Im gonna see how it sounds thru my HPMs next...

GREAT BUY

I paid that for my fuse lights ...had a 6060 hooked up too some cambridge soundworks sounded great . Sold it to a friend he bought some sansui 1500xs talk about match made in heaven . Some audiophiles say those sansui speakers dont sound very good . I guess my hearing is gone use to jam on my brothers akai system withy headphones. But those 1500s are crystal clear and for a system less than 200 US. CANT BE BEAT ...........later yellokitty

I dont wanna be an oldman any more...
been a year or two since I was out on the floor

WEEZER

Not all Sansui speakers were crap....I have a pair of AS-200's that I rescued from the curb that sound unbelievably good. Paper cone tweeters have absolutely no business sounding as good as these do. It's impossible. Looking at the drivers you'd think they'd sound so-so...but then you turn the music on....hokey smokes! Not the last word in detail, and a slight chestiness on some female voices, but they sure are pleasant to listen to, and I can't beat the price! :D

TP

I'm not familiar with the 5050-9090 line but I have an AU-5500 which sounds surprisingly good. It's so light and small yet, still has that clear and powerfull Sansui sound, and it looks georgious with a beautifull black finish and silver knobs.

Back
Top Bottom