Sneaky Good - What ya got

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Drugolf, Jul 29, 2017.

1. KevinJS

KevinJS Addicted Member

These are my everyday 2 channel speakers.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 4.44.41 PM.png

I also have 3 pairs of Martin Logan Motion series, which are supposed to be used in my 7.1 system, but which are being rotated in my phono system. I like the ML sound.

GD70 and x3workshop like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

I have these puppys.I passed up infinitys and jbl,s for these and to my ears ive never regretted it.Axiom honors the lifetime warranty no problems .These will produce clean sound at very high volumes and will gobble up lots of power effortlessly.I use a sunfire pre and peavey power at 750 wpc plus.http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/axiom-ax-5-253.html

3. Hajidub

Hajidub Chihuahua/Pug = Chug Subscriber

How the heck did they achieve 30K with a dome tweet?

4. Krosya

Krosya Well-Known Member

One that many people dont know much about - Becker Speakers. They to look and sound like JBL L100/Pioneer HPM 100 killers - great sound, very nice bass, well made. Plus pretty rare to find - so very interesting to a collector:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. x3workshop

x3workshop AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm a big ML ESL fan. Love my EM ESL's

6. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Found another that seems widely undervalued - DCM CX-27. Kinda an extension of the DCM Time Window line with the same drivers.
    0419181406.jpg

GD70 likes this.

7. -reverb-

-reverb- Member: Cult-DCM Subscriber

Don't have a pair right now, but the NHT SuperZero's were quite impressive to me. Wish Ken Kantor still prowled the halls here.

8. Drum

Drum AK Subscriber Subscriber

My Avid 102's are sneaky good. Very accurate from top to bottom and nice bass. Biggest downfall is ugly cabinet.

BilboBaggins likes this.
  9. Spence

Spence Member

SP Tech speakers don't get much discussion. These are the best stand mounts I've ever heard, and I've got ATC, JBL, and Neumann speakers in the house.

SP TECHNOLOGY TIMEPIECE 3.0 WAVEGUIDE SPEAKERS.jpg

GD70 and Drugolf like this.
  10. DavidZak

DavidZak Member

These Book shelfs sent my Snell E3's and the DCM TF-600's to the Man-Cave. If you heard them you would agree with the Detailed Huge Dispersion filling the room like every seat is a sweet spot!

Sony SSHA1's

91W8eggvGRL._SL1500_.jpg

11. Drugolf

Interesting. Aluminum cabinet and 2 supertweeters plus soft dome. In response to hi res sound. Hmmmmmm Sony think the additional resolution is primarily in the highest of frequencies only?

12. DavidZak

DavidZak Member

Midrange is outstanding in this three way design. Bass is tight. If you can find a pair I suggest you listen for yourself. A/B tests don't lie! I use a small sub to handle 100 hz and lower. Are you implying they can't get midrange from a 5 3/4 woofer and a 1" dome?

Attached Files:

13. Drugolf

No, just an interesting combo of drivers and approach to the design on their part with what appears to be a big investment at the top of the range. Crossover creativity and driver capability I am sure more than makes up for it all.

14. DavidZak

DavidZak Member

15. DavidZak

DavidZak Member

16. Texun1

Texun1 Well-Known Member

Living Audio CE-2all's that my wife picked up for me at an estate sale for $25.00. Just finished a recap of the crossovers and worked on the cabinets a little. Nice sounding acoustic suspension speakers from 1970.

LAspeakers.jpg la1.jpg

17. SiliconTi

SiliconTi AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll chime in with my ESM-3 pair. Bought them cheap to flip, but really like them.

18. gdmoore28

gdmoore28 Super Member

Man! Those are beautiful cabinets. I love the way they incorporated the wave guide.

GeeDeeEmm

19. gdmoore28

gdmoore28 Super Member

Those look so cool! I can't get enough of those horns - I'd have to run them without the grills just so I could stare at the horn lens. ;) First time I've seen any of those, but I'll be watching for some locally. I'll bet they are a rare find.

GeeDeeEmm

From the Interweb: Living Audio advertisement
    [​IMG]

20. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Not my picture, but I regretted selling my first pair of JVC SK-1000ii a while back so now I have acquired another pair which are awaiting foam. I've had several pairs of JBL / Mission / Technics etc recently and these JVCs just have an authority about them that's hard to beat. Heavy as hell, crazy thick cabinets, big magnet woofers, sealed mids, lots of internal bracing. The crossovers are the least impressive bit of these bad boys :)

1660279-pair-of-jvc-sk-1000-mk-ii-vintage-speakers.jpg