So 2SC458 has the upper hand

Yes they do, But this is in 100's of feet. maybe you could use the part number and look at other
places for smaller lengths . or maybe if others need this as well and they can buy some from you to help defray the cost.

http://www.digikey.com/products/en/cables-wires-management/protective-hoses-solid-tubing-sleeving/480?k=teflon tubing

Nashou
I just bought wire in 3 colors that seems perfect to be insulation donor for those tranny legs :)

Only I'm not sure if I should really replace those 2SC458s on main amp boards with KSC1815. What is their role, keeping bias currents? And why are they pressed against radiators, do they get that hot or is there another reason?

What is their role, keeping bias currents? And why are they pressed against radiators, do they get that hot or is there another reason?

Actually, in reverse. They are used to compensate the bias currents as the radiators get warm. (outputs get warm - the bias transistor is setup so that the bias voltage tracks the temperature of the outputs. If not, the outputs heat up, draw more current then get thermal runaway..)

Replacing them is another issue.

Back
Top Bottom