So a guy listed a pioneer 1280 for $300

It is amazing how many responses this thread got for sure. I guess it's because we can all relate, I posted in it early on and of course it was deleted. Oh well, but then again where is the OP? Maybe we ran him off ? Or maybe that was his goal all along. A weird twisted type of troll thread that we are so used to seeing "what is the best cable" type of question that this one didn't strike so obvious at first. Anyways some good can come from this before this thread gets launched in to cyberspace history. I think it's brought us all alittle closer, and to me it lets me know you guys take pride in our hobby an our values.:beerchug:

It is amazing how many responses this thread got for sure. I guess it's because we can all relate, I posted in it early on and of course it was deleted. Oh well, but then again where is the OP? Maybe we ran him off ? Or maybe that was his goal all along. A weird twisted type of troll thread that we are so used to seeing "what is the best cable" type of question that this one didn't strike so obvious at first. Anyways some good can come from this before this thread gets launched in to cyberspace history. I think it's brought us all alittle closer, and to me it lets me know you guys take pride in our hobby an our values.:beerchug:

Very profound.
Your post got me to thinking...what is the best cable?
And do cables really make a difference?

And still crickets on my Yamaha NS-690 question thread from earlier today. I'm ready to give up starting threads and high jack active ones to get some interaction. Frustrating as hell.

Your post got me to thinking...what is the best cable?
And do cables really make a difference?

OMG, not this again. Don't you know cables only make a difference when using Bose 901s (with the EQ of course) and then when only playing an LP on a felt/cork/European Ibex skin combination mat on a turntable with a plinth made from Lake Michigan reclaimed hardwood and real-time automatic leveling and high capacitance power cord; AND ONLY when using a McIntosh power amp manufactured during the second week of February (that's when the Valentine's Day spirit causes the factory workers to put a little extra "love" into the sound).

Jeebuz - this has been beaten to death.

And still crickets on my Yamaha NS-690 question thread from earlier today.

Well how many people do you think are off all day?
How many people do you think have those speakers let alone want them?
How many people do you think stack speakers anyway?

I agree with Snow

Well how many people do you think are off all day?

How many people do you think read and post at work? And pretty much anywhere, from their phones?

How many people do you think have those speakers let alone want them?

Everybody wants them!! NS speakers are awesome!

How many people do you think stack speakers anyway?

About this many https://www.google.com/search?q=sta...WAhUG3yYKHSmBBUsQrQIINCgEMAA&biw=1536&bih=759

I would prefer to talk about it in my own thread, I was just kidding about hijacking threads.

Now back to our regularly scheduled moral judgement.

any cl post that seems too good to be true is a scam. he will sell that receiver 13 times collect the money that you send to the fake shipper 13 times, and steal another pic from the net, a sansui 9090db for $275 is a certain 275 in the bank over and over again without a receiver to even send lol. your response scared him because he thought you were on to him, so he pulled it, thats what happened. If you are searching for a mint $2500 porsche 911, and find it your screwed.

And still crickets on my Yamaha NS-690 question thread from earlier today. I'm ready to give up starting threads and high jack active ones to get some interaction. Frustrating as hell.

I think you were asking about stacking them?
Don't know why not. Unless it would stress your receiver/amp.
You could give it a try and see if you like the sound they produce that way.

Hey, while I have your attention, does expensive cable sound better than dollar store cable?;)
Thanks.

Guy listed a pioneer 1280 for $300 on craigslist. I saw it an hour after it was posted. I sent the guy a text and he said I was in line and he would go down the line. I said, well, the truth is, that receiver is worth a few grand. He was like no way, I said, yeah, it's a nice one. Listing was gone a few moments later.
pioneerstereoreceivermodelsx-1280_1.jpg

Your a real saint. I bet this thread would be quite different if you would have been the lucky winner at 300 bucks.

If that was even a legitimate offer of sale, the seller was likely fishing for best offers from the interested parties.

any cl post that seems too good to be true is a scam. he will sell that receiver 13 times collect the money that you send to the fake shipper 13 times, and steal another pic from the net, a sansui 9090db for $275 is a certain 275 in the bank over and over again without a receiver to even send lol. your response scared him because he thought you were on to him, so he pulled it, thats what happened. If you are searching for a mint $2500 porsche 911, and find it your screwed.
Did you read the OP? He was told they were sold. When did scammers start doing that?

Did you read the OP? He was told they were sold. When did scammers start doing that?

Well, not quite, to be precise:

I sent the guy a text and he said I was in line and he would go down the line.

But your point is a good one. That is not what a scammer says.

Nevertheless, there are evidently similarities with the scams with regard to the price and the picture. Curious case.

<<snip>> If you are searching for a mint $2500 porsche 911, and find it your screwed.

I'm sending money for one now! The owner says it was her Son's, bought it before joining the Navy, still new when he died and now she just wants it gone because it hurts so to see it there.

I can't see it first though, because it's in a crate ready for shipping. That's okay, it's such a great deal.

I'm SURE it's legit, ...

Film at eleven.

I'm sending money for one now! The owner says it was her Son's, bought it before joining the Navy, still new when he died and now she just wants it gone because it hurts so to see it there.

I can't see it first though, because it's in a crate ready for shipping. That's okay, it's such a great deal.

I'm SURE it's legit, ...

Film at eleven.

2017-10-14-09-40-55--1764219864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom