So, Anyone cook this yet??

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
beer.butt.chicken.finished

I saw a cooker for this in a new Cabela's catalogue I got today. Some morning show DJs talked about it a few weeks ago and there's quite a few hits if you Google "beer butt chicken".

I wonder if this isn't one of Thor's recipes????

I've heard of it before drink half a beer, and sit the chicken on the can and cook it on the grill. I always have trouble at the drink half a beer part ;)

I've tried it a couple time. It really is easy and good...but I wouldn't spend the money on the store bought "Beer can Chicken stands"...I mean...sure, you've got yourself a nice stand for your beer can chicken...but you still have to open the can of beer up...so why not just use that can of beer?

either way you choose...it makes a tasty chicken! Give it a try.

Well, the wife and kids are off at Girl Scout camp and wanted pizza or chicken for dinner when they get home tonight, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

I can't wait to see the looks on their faces, though :D

The wife and I tryed this, and without really knowing what to do it came out perfect.

I think this is my second favorite way to cook them, rotisseree is my fave.
I

Excellent way to cook a bird! We've doing it for years. Always comes out moist & juicy. :tongue:

mOOn

Well its thanksgiving here in Canada so my bird is cooking away. If you want really juicy turkey try stuffing a chicken inside a duck and then put the duck inside the turkey. All 3 birds come out unbelievable juicy. Or get a couple of king cans and make beer butt turkey. God, I'm getting hungry just typing this. :D

Mike

The one I saw on the food channel was a boneless chicken inside a boneless duck inside a boneless turkey, some company speacializes in them and when you cut it you get all 3 flavors like the rings of a tree ;)

Try here

http://www.cajun-shop.com

You should be able to find one for between $50-$70 plus shipping. These guys are a little on the high side.

Thor, what exactly do tree rings taste like? Is there any particular tree you would recommend?:dunno:

Regards,

Joe

Not taste like a tree it kinda looks like a cross section of a tree, and no they debone the birds, at least the one I saw made they did ;)

Back
Top Bottom