So-Cal Craigslist finds - Post them here!

jpdylon

non-active member...
Since we have threads for washington, oregon, etc, i figure so-cal AK'ers should have a thread for good CL deals. Thanks to Njord Noatun for mentioning it to me.

Think its good for someone? POST IT HERE!

--don't suppose we could make this a sticky, could we?

I'll start it off, these dynacos look sweet!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dynaco A25 Vintage Aperiodic Bookshelf Speakers - $175
Reply to: sale-267313907@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-01-23, 2:21PM PST

Local buyers only.
2-way 2 speaker system; 1500 Hz crossover; 8 ohm impedance; 5-position tweeter adjustment control. Aperiodic enclosure design utilizes a highly damped acoustic impedance vent for impressive non-resonant bass reproduction accuracy. Rich bass is delivered by 10-inch extended excursion woofers, and the mids and highs by the 1.5” wide-range dome tweeters. Input power capacity 60 watt RMS (120 watts total). Dark/med walnut veneer cabinets are in excellent condition; a few barely noticeable scratches on top of one cabinet (see photo). One of the Dynaco badge emblems is missing from the front grill. These speakers are verified working and provide amazing sound. No rips or tears in grill cloth or speakers. Enclosures measure 20”H x 11.5”W x 10”D. Each speaker weighs approx 22 lbs. Original data sheet included. I am the original owner and purchased these in the early 1970’s.
According to website (http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/speakers/index.html), these speakers should contain the Seas drivers. I have been using these for years, and wish that my own hearing aged as well as these speakers have.
EKYPTH5ue5huocBM3pJ2P7SIGzPB.jpg

jpdylon said:
i figure so-cal AK'ers should have a thread for good CL deals. Thanks to Njord Noatun for mentioning it to me. Think its good for someone?
Thanks for setting this up, JP. If I can chime in, I believe that compiling all CL "finds" in one thread makes it a lot easier to back-reference to earlier threads if need be: Everything in one place, instead of spread out on numerous various threads and posts. Portland and Seattle already do this already, both their threads have more than 16,000 views and must be some of the most proliferous on all of AK.

So, Southern Californians, bookmark this thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98141

and post local finds here.

Why give this out to AK'ers? If I don't want it myself, I'd much rather have someone here end up with it!

Regards,

A guy I know had a couple Teacs similar to these with locked servos. Don't know if that's a problem with the Teacs or not.

AR-3a in san diego. $350

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/270095312.html

*This is the same guy who i bought the AR-4x from. The cabinets are in real nice shape, but you will need to get original style grill cloth as they were changed out. John's a really nice guy and good to chat with. He has a list of stuff, so you can always see what else he's offering*

-------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-270095312@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-01-29, 7:34AM PST

Although I love the sound of these speakers and have been ambivalent about giving them up, apace has become a consideration. These look great sound great, and have new grills, other wise original with clean pots. John at 619-276-8721

You've got to be verrrrrry quick in some parts of So Cal. Yesterday on the Ventura CL there was a pair of JBL Jubals for $50 (needed woofers refoamed) and the same guy had a Marantz 2250B for $50 (had a tuner wheel issue and some bulbs that needed replacing).

They were gone in 2 hours, and not to me.

Do you So Cal guys ever check the good ol' Recycler? They have been online at Recycler.com for a while now.

On listing today is:

Hi fi eqipment phase liner 400 watt. Sound craftsman 400 watt.hafler 200 watt. Electronic cross overs pre amps Eqs and Much more. $200 to $400 No e-mails Call 949-338-0936 949-338-0936 componeticsfab@ca.rr.com

San Diego area.

Yeah, I do. Hunters are quick there too. I did get a very rare Setton BS 5500 amp off the recycler only because no one knows about them.

San Diego CL: Altec 879A Santana, SX-737, $500

Usual disclaimers.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/271505770.html

"Reply to: sale-271505770@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-01-31, 4:34PM PST
Complete vintage high end stereo system. Beautiful Altec Lansing 879A Santana stereo speakers and a Pioneer SX737 vintage wood case receiver.Both speakers and receiver are near mint. All components function as they should. The speakers sound warm and wonderful with tons of full body sound.They even come with a nice copy of the hard to find original double sided sales one sheet. The receiver features 35WPC of warm vintage power and all lights and guages work perfectly. Here is you chance to score a super nice vintage stereo set up in one easy step.I will break up this set if needed. The speakers would be $400.00 and the receiver would be $100.00. A perfect pair like this does not come along too often"

San Diego: Lots of assorted speakers starting at $20 and up

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/272865738.html

--------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-272865738@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-03, 10:52AM PST

I must sell these speakers.Please help me clean out my listening room.
1.On top a pair of mystery speakers,real walnut boxes,clean grills 2-way $20.00
2.Middle a pair of HitachiHSA 2081,fake rosewood boxes,blk grills 2-way $35.00
3.Bottom,pair of Sansui SP100,walnut case and grill 3-way sound great $40.00
4.Side,pair of Boston A100 in rift oak cases tan grillcloth,big sound! $100.00
All pairs are in fine working condition.The Bostons have new woofer surrounds.I also have Infinity,Klipsch,KEF,more Boston,Dynaco.
Call Charlie at 619 4172632. I will return all calls.

B5wcT1uk5JCY1lIQp3vO2zAlRyfx.jpg

DBX BX-3 power amp. San Diego CL

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/275814995.html
*standard disclaimers apply*

-------------------------------------------------
dbx bx-3 high end vintage amplifier - $450
Reply to: sale-275814995@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-08, 10:09PM PST

This is a rare vintage high end stereo amplifier well designed by the original dbx engineers before the company was bought off in the 90's! This was made between 1985-1988 and was designed to drive the dbx soundfield speaker systems and other high end loudspeakers of the time. the original msrp is $1300 in 1985-1988. These are rarely auctioned at ebay or audiogon. www.audiogon.com is where i purchased them from the original owner for $550 and paid for shipping at $65 since they are very heavy which well designed high end amps are. They weigh about 65 lbs and utilizes very large capacitors, power supplies and heatsinks. They have dual fans to keep the amplifiers cool. The original specs are 250 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 350 watts at 4ohms in stereo mode at .0015% thd or total harmonic distortion. If they were bench tested in realtime, it would be more in the range of .5% to 1% thd at that rate of power since distortion levels fluctuates with rms ratings. in two pair mode, a+b or quad, they are at 125 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 175 watts at 4 ohms. These have two large vu analog meters with colorful l.e.d modes common on dbx products in the 80's.
These are rare and are sold very quickly by audiophiles and enthusiast at ebay and audiogon. I kept these at room temperature at a temp controlled inside storage at uhaul. They are boxed up and I never used it except opened it to test it for functionality when i received them in 2005 while on active duty in the military. Never got to enjoy them. I will re-test before they are sold. They have the redwood wooden side panels. They just don't make these types of amplifiers anymore like the carver m-500t's. Only mckintosh and some pro gear still uses vu meters. I'd hate to let these go but have way too much equipment!

AR-3a, 4x, and A25 SD:CL

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/274877296.html
*standard Disclaimers apply*

-----------------------------------------------------
classic ar-3a speakers, dynaco a-25, ar-4x - $350
Reply to: sale-274877296@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-07, 9:39AM PST

Much sought after classic Ar-3a in excellent original condition with new grill cloth, $350 obo, Air suspension Dynaco a-25's with Seas danish components, $150, AR-4x's good working condition some minor blemishes $60 a pair. Call John at 619-276-8721

Back
Top Bottom