So Excited KR-5030

Excellent choice

You have made a good choice. This is the receiver that I started with when they were new (I believe it was '78). It was a stout performer, and had a great tuner section. :thmbsp:

Thank You very much I love the way it looks to anyway I can listen to my CD Player thinking about running it through one of the AUX Inputs?

Or your tape monitor inputs. An iPod can also be connected to either of them, just not to the phono input.

Nice looking and performing little 50 wpc unit - I bought one for a Kenwood package I put together for the kid next door as his high school graduation present. It's rocking his dorm floor at the Univ. of Michigan presently.

I've owned every receiver in that series of Kenny's, and I can tell you my two fave's are the KR-5030 and the KR-6030. They make music.

I own the Euro version of that receiver the 5330. It has a bronze face. That receiver will rock. The only flaw of that line of receivers is the power switch. It tends to get worn and short out over time. It is an easy fix. I have the instructions around here somewhere. It was posted here on AK at some point.

Harry

I own the Euro version of that receiver the 5330. It has a bronze face. That receiver will rock. The only flaw of that line of receivers is the power switch. It tends to get worn and short out over time. It is an easy fix. I have the instructions around here somewhere. It was posted here on AK at some point.

Harry

A very valid and important point. It truly was their weak spot. :thmbsp:

Harry

Very true.....using a power strip to turn it on/off is an option or better yet....an audio timer. They're fairly inexpensive and look pretty cool as well.

Back
Top Bottom