So.... I made a headshell storage box....

mr_petit

High on Vinyl
I had this problem with all my headshell lying around, sometimes loose in varous boxes....

So I made a storagebox. It stores 10 SME type headshells:

1-800.jpg

2-800.jpg

3-800.jpg

Yes, the one dual headshell is a problem :D

It's basically a displaybox from ebay and a piece of wood... :D
But it works well, the headshells dont fall out when I turn the box upside down and the clamping force of the wood is still light enough to get the headshells out with ease. It took some tweaking with a round fine file to get the holes exactly the right size for that.

Last edited:
Looks nice. It would almost be motivation to can the random collection of nonsense I've got in favor of something that uses headshells that can be stored like that. I don't own a single thing with a "normal" headshell.

Interesting headshell collection, makes me wonder what turntables you have other than the obvious Sony table with the PUA-7 arm and a Dual.

I have no turntable with a pua-7 arm ;)
But they were indeed also shipped with that arm.
Front (from left to right):
2x sony sh-300 branded as Wega (10,8gr) (bought on ebay)
3x sony sh-156 (6,9gr) from ps-x800 biotracer and ps-x555es biotracer turntables

Back (from left to right):
3x Sony sh-165 (11,7gr) from ps-x75 biotracer and ps-p7f (from the sony precise set)
Headshell+cartridge from a Pioneer PL-55x turntable
Headshell (7,2gr) from a CEC BD-7000 turntable

Oh and the dual comes from a Dual 721 (with a shure v15III)

I prefer to store turntales without the headshell/cartridges.

Last edited:
Yes those Sony headshells are pretty sought after.
Especially the sh-156 is rare as it was (I think) only fitted to the ps-x555es and the ps-x800.

I think most people with a sony biotracer want the original headshells because they match the designstyle of the turntable.

Back
Top Bottom