So, I need a new Subwoofer

I would still like to find the correct plate amp for the SW450. I might try it in my "Downstairs" Vintage systems to see if I like it. My Advents and KLH Model Twenty Threes go pretty low though. Not sure I need a sub down there. But it might be interesting to see.

I have a similar debate going. I have some nearly 50 year Wharfedales. W35, and W45’s. My PC’s onboard audio is 7.1. I temporally hooked up the Klipsch subwoofer and I could not believe the sound. The Wharfedales are good by themselves but the addition of the subwoofer added the extension useful with modern recordings.

I
Was looking over parts that are available for the SW-450 and you are better off just getting another subwoofer. Even the excellent Dayton plate amps from Parts Express are expensive enough to make it better just to purchase another subwoofer.

Check the bay? .... plate amp listed presently. Make the guy and offer. (I have no affiliation with the seller what so ever)

So, I now have a dead Klipsch SW-450 that I need to do something with. The question is, is it worth buying a new plate amp for it? Are there other options for making this current boat anchor usable for not much money? The thing looks like new! The plate amps that I have seen will run around $200. Are there cheaper ones available?

Back
Top Bottom