So What did Your AK 2016 Secret Santa deliver for Christmas!

Way cool, Dan. A step up for your record storage. Sure, the diy thing works, but these dividers will bring cohesion to the look of your shelves, after you finish them to match.

p.s. No oil finish, as the VOCs would stain or discolour unsleeved jackets, and could well affect the clear sleeves of the rest of your collection. Colour, if you like, then latex poly, do you think?

My Secret Santa sent a very nice gift - actually 2 of them: Christmas Tree Ornaments !

First up, a Boom Box to hang beside the freaky Efl and secondly, a Hand-Painted, Personalize round ornament. Awesome!

Thanks Santa. If you are ever in the middle Georgia area, you are always welcome to stop by and share a frosty beverage any time!

Merry Christmas All

Last edited:
Received Steve Earle's COPPERHEAD ROAD ... I can smell the whiskey burnin' ... thanks Santa!

Would love to know where to get a set of those dividers. Would need letters oriented for flip forward record crates.

would also love a set of those dividers, right now they are on a piece of heavy paper, like back in the days of a heavy inner liner :)

Ok here it is, Baski aka vaathi, my SS had a local guy laser cut record dividers out of 1/8 inch birch ply. They are staggered and laser cut lettered both sides also, very nice. This is a great gift for me and very thoughtful as well to seek out someone to have these made. He was thinking about having them oiled but opted not to have it done, just in case I wanted them stained. He didn't know that I'm a furniture finisher and I can do them quiet easily, just might bring them to work tomorrow and clear coat them. These will be used in my front room for all my new audiophile records, or maybe my huge used record main library.

Thank you very much Baski, love your gift. :beerchug:

View attachment 839429 View attachment 839430 View attachment 839431

Here you can see my sloppy hand writing letters and plastic dividers.

View attachment 839432
WOW!

drummergirl, if you aren't going to be home, might be good to send a note to ehoove so he can forward that on to your SS. Then your SS can check on shipping carrier and maybe be able to either redirect it to your vacation address, or have it held for you at the shipping destination carrier office for pickup (but check to see for how long) or delivery after you return. If its coming via USPS, you should then have a vacation hold so that all your mail and deliveries sit nice and warm at the post office awaiting your return.

Unfortunately, Santa has not yet contracted with Amazon to provide Prime delivery or drone delivery for everyone. But I know he's looking to outsource his delivery services, what with the cost of reindeer feed, Elf union pushback, and national overflight and airspace rights fees.

If it was sent via a country's postal service and you have a tracking number, and it was not sent from inside the US, it likely is going via the USPS while inside the US - then go the the USPS website and use the tracking number on their tracking page, you might get lucky and see its progress then.

Santa's helper ehoove tells me it's going to arrive today.

Santa's reindeer are doing a lot of crystal meth--shipped on Monday and the package is in it's destination city (over 1000 miles away) as of 4:39 this morning--should definitely make it "home" today or tomorrow.

EDIT--tracking now shows delivered about a half hour ago!!! :trebon:

Last edited:
Folks, if you have received your gift, but are waiting until the 25th to open it, please post that you received a package, so your Secret Santa isn't worrying about a non-arrival.

Folks, if you have received your gift, but are waiting until the 25th to open it, please post that you received a package, so your Secret Santa isn't worrying about a non-arrival.

Thanks for the reminder!
Jim

Back
Top Bottom