So what did your Secret Santa send you?

Army

Addicted Member
I'll start...

OK like Ernie I hate to wait, and since Christmas is two days away and I received a rather large box that had some weight to it. I just had to know what was inside.

So I open up the box with my wife and daughter present and peek inside, theres a manual and just under neither is a black face peeking out at me. I pull it out and it's an SAE 8000 tuna. Now this is the first black face piece of gear I own.(bear with me here comes some karma) Yesterday I was talking to a few of my buds in chat and told them I had just found the Amp that I had been looking for, for the last year, since I'd lost the guys number! And I was going into seperates for the first time. And wouldn't you know it, my new to me Amp that I pick up next week is a black faced beauty, just like this 5 gang tuna I just pulled out the box from Secret Santa

Secret Santa whoever you are you hit this one right out of the park! This will match perfectly :thmbsp:

Thank You very much!
Army

I got mine yesterday and like you Army I couldn't wait :D . My Secret Santa did their homework because inside my package were 2 Johnny Cash LP's on 180g Vinyl. OH YEAH!!!! Now the look on my two daughters' faces was like "oh no, not more Johnny!", but the gift couldn't have been better. Thanks Santa!!!

john

I got an airpop popcorn maker, it makes nice sound and all, but it does generate a little heat, I gotta keep it in a well ventilated area, paybacks are ok cause I got my wife a vacuum

elroy

My Secret Santa sent me an Amazon gift certificate, which will be put to good use in getting some new music for the new year - thanks, Santa! :thmbsp:

Haven't heard from my SS but I'm sure it'll be here any day. More interesting to me is the fact that mine hasn't been seen or heard from yet. It should have made it with plenty of time to spare as I think it went out 2 Tuesdays before Christmas. Darn USPS anyways. Have a Merry Christmas anyways all!!!!

I got a box from elusivedisc a number of days ago, it's been driving me nuts, I figgered it'd be a cd or two, BUT WAIT -

It's an Onzow Zerodust!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you SS! It's grrrreat!

Pete

Here it is Christmas morning, we have christmas music on my wife's 2002 vintage stereo, the yule log on channel 11 and I'm finally allowed to open my AK Sectret Santa boxes that have been taunting me for a week! I open the first one, and I see RCA jacks and speaker jacks...No F*cking way! It can't be! There nestled between Fedex bubble packs was a mint Pioneer SA-8800 amp! With a manual, no less! After I was able to stop saying "Holy Sh*t" and "No f*cking way", I opened the second box..."No f*cking way...Holy Sh*t"! My wife was asking what I was yelling about...There nestled in more fedex bubble packs was a mint Pioneer TX-6800 tuna that matched the amp perfectly! With trembling hands, I ripped the wires out of my wife's stereo and transplanted them into my new 1979 vintage beauty. Golden sound poured out of the Sound-Labs. My wife wanted her stereo back because this one is "too complicated". She'll learn. Thank you, thank you, thank you Secret Santa, whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I must have been way gooder than I thunk!!

I got a WONDERFUL bunch of LPs from my AK Secret Santa!!

Jethro Tull "This Was", looks like 180 gm, mint sounds super! Very bluesy first LP w/ Mick Abrhams (went on to lead Blodwyn Pig) on lead :thmbsp:

CCR, "Cosmo's Factory", sealed 180gm virgin vinyl, AcousTech mastered by Steve Hoffman. A classic!! :thmbsp:

Steeleye Span, "Parcel of Rogues" sealed. Not real familar with this, but I think it's English folk stuff in the flavour of Fairport Convention and The Pentangle, so I'm very geeked for it

Midnight Oil, S/T, mint LP and cover. Don't know these guys, but if it runs with the others, it should be killer. It goes on next

THANK YOU, Secret Santa 2005!! :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy:

There seems to be a theme here - Secret Santa is kicking @$$. My Secret Santa had a package of 6 large ribeye steaks and 1/2 case of fine Belgian ale hand delivered by one of his elves on Dec 10th, and mailed a package which I've just opened. It's a Sheffield lab lp: "I've got the Music in Me" by Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker. Gave it a cleaning on the VPI, and the vinyl is spinning on the CS 5000 and sounding awesome.

Thank you Secret Santa!

Last edited:
My Santa sent me an AR Music Enhancer (reminds me of the old BBE Sonic Maximizer).

Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet... got family here and I snuck away for a little bit! :D

Thanks Santa!

Happy Holidays!

Scott

WOW!!!! Just opened my "Secret Santa" present >>

The Smithsonian Collection of Classic Jazz - 4 CDS!!

Oh wait, there's more!

Another CD - "Classic Jazz Book"!

But alas, there was a beautifully typed personal note inside that rounded off this extraordinary gift - a gift that will "keep giving" over the years!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, my friend!

Marky's late to the thank-you party, as usual! Finally got the four (!) CD's from Santa together in one room today. Two'd been downstairs, keeping me company during the last, frantic hours of giftwrapping. The other two'd been upstairs. The four CD's from my SS?

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra "The Christmas Album"
Thom Rotella "Spirit of the Carols"
"A Sheffield Christmas Collection"
Ray Brown Trio "Christmas Songs"

Fabulous additions to our voluminous collection of holiday music! Thanks Santa!

My gift JUST now cleared customs (the 27th), I hope the recipient gets it soon. I sent it Global EMS (3-5 days supposedly) on the 20th.

Its here!!!

And its cool!!! I got a Sonic Impact T-amp from Mark (AKA - Ski). Thanks a lot!!! I hear the thing to do is make custom cases for them, could be another fun winter project. I'll try to get it hooked up tonight to play with it :banana: Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom