Rules: The Music Barter

JDaniel

So what is this place anyway?

Simple – The Music Barter is a place to trade or give away your duplicate or unwanted music.

Ground Rules:

1. This is a “Swap” forum, not a “For Sale” forum.

2. As AK is NOT a file sharing site, this forum is for LPs, Cassettes, and original CDs (ok 8 tracks and RtR too :thmbsp: ). Trades for cdrs/mp3s etc.. are NOT allowed.

3. List the following information when posting your music:
a. Artist
b. Album Name
c. Format (LP, Cassette, CD etc.)
d. Condition if known (grading in general terms – no grading Nazi’s here please. Remember – it’s free or for trade).
e. Clearly state whether this a free/give-away item or if you are looking to trade? If a trade is desired, then list the artists, titles, or genres you are in search of.
f. Shipping terms, such as local pickup only or shipping cost (and no bucking #1 above by such devious means as stating the item is free, but shipping is $25).

Optional information:
g. Label, Year of Release, Genre, Other details about the album (guest musicians on the album, funky inserts/sleeves etc.).

4. When an item is no longer available, either because it has been sold, traded, or taken off the table, please edit your post to indicate this.

5. “Wanted” item threads are allowed. Simply post a thread listing the albums and formats you are searching for. Anyone having an album from someone’s “Wanted” list for trade or give-away can reply to your thread.

6. Most important – chill out, have fun, and enjoy the music.

It might also be a good idea to put descriptive titles on your threads in this forum, such as:

Classic Rock LPs for trade

Classical Music Wanted

Jazz CDs for Trade

Linda Ronstadt Collection for trade

Free MOFI collection
(just send these to me in a PM :D )

Just thinking out loud and trying to make this easier to use and search.

To the Moderator

Hello from way to perfect weather here in sunny after the floods of July and August southern AZ :banana: I saw nothing about DAT tapes, I'm now after much thought wanting to trade them off, can I do this here, I posted a thread and some folks wanted to know what I had? Please give me the OK and I'll do it :thmbsp:

Peace Craig

:music:

Forgive the moderator's ignorance, but I don't know what a DAT tape is.

Bottom line - if it is a commercially produced tape (or any other format) that was originally for sale, it's ok. If it is a recording of your own doing, it's not ok. Take those offers offline.

JD

JDaniel said:
Forgive the moderator's ignorance, but I don't know what a DAT tape is.

Bottom line - if it is a commercially produced tape (or any other format) that was originally for sale, it's ok. If it is a recording of your own doing, it's not ok. Take those offers offline.

JD

DAT is a digital tape format common in the pro sound business, but is probably more popular for making audience concert recordings. I don't think much commercial album music has ever been on them.

I take it that means no "Blank" media will be allowed, like blank cassette tapes,DAT's,R2R. What if they were still in sealed packages? There must be some members with blank media, that may be interested in trading for commercial pre-recorded media (Or other blank media?). Would this fit in the spirit and framework of this forum? Kinda out in left field, I know, but I thought it might come up...

Back
Top Bottom