So when it rains it pours...

Well after winning a Rega P2 this weekend on Ebay, I was all psyched up and ready to begin my journey into vinyl.

I figure for $220 I had gotten a good deal, even if the catridge or stylus needed replacing. Come to fnd out I dont have a phono input on my receiver so Im going to have to buy one.

Over the weekend I had emailed a ton of people selling tables and asked what the best price they were willing to sell it for. This morning after the dust settled I had an email from a guy in CAN who was willing to let his 3 year old mint Rega P2 with never used cartridge for $200. He was asking $350 but came down 40% (unless ofcourse he was asking $350 can and never advertised as such, it came with a Denon which he never installed and bought a Linn cart the day he bought the table, but later sold the Linn cart , so the Denon cart is new still). He also had a Rotel RQ-970BX mm/mc phono preamplifier he was asking $150 for and said I could have it for $50 if I bought it with the table. So for $275 shipped I now have another P2 coming, and a phono preamp.

I emailed the guy from Ebay giving him the option of letting me relist the tabel for him and giving him whatever it close at if over the original $220, or making sure he got atleast $250 if it didnt reach $220. He had 0 feedback and didnt even have the word turntable in his title, Im sure I can get $300 for it and he gets an extra $80. I also offered to pay him $20 for listing fees and let him relist it himself. Hopefully he works with me. We shall see.

To top off my good luck, I went to my first thrift store this morning and found 5 great albums for $1 each. Cant wait!

Tim

Tim,
what if you contacted the next highest bidder in the auction you won??? Offer him the table at his high bid???? Mention your ailing granny, blind three-legged dog etc. etc. and tell him you need the $$$.

Some of the Denon carts are quite good supposedly (the 103 is the one I'm thinking of).

TY

Im still waiting to see what the seller says in regards to the TT, if he insists I buy it, then Ill contact the next bidder. Selling it for what I bought it for shouldnt be hard at all. The Denon cart is a DL80 A so Im not sure how great it is. It apparently came new with the TT when he got it 3 years ago, so either way Im sure its decent for now.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom