So which modern speakers

Might have to wait for something in that range taking wife to Venice Italy for 5 days next month. My son doing a work study there so checking up on him.

But I now have some idea of what to watch for and price points. Thanks
I should point out that price for the C-109 is for just one, they first hit the market at $6500 a pair to rave reviews. Someone here nabbed a pair in white during one of the crazy Amazon sales, price was $199 each if memory serves lol. Ive been watching the Amazon listing for almost a yr wanting a pair in black.

Was able to grab 5 pair of the C-109's last yr for silly money, flipped 4 pair to buyers in Australia through eBay, kept a pair for myself. Doesn't look like the sales will be coming back any time soon.

Is your amp stable in to low ohm loads? (Like 2-3?)

If so, consider electrostats. Martin Logan, Acustat, others. You should be able to find interesting options at $1500 or less.

Is your amp stable in to low ohm loads? (Like 2-3?)

If so, consider electrostats. Martin Logan, Acustat, others. You should be able to find interesting options at $1500 or less.
I think 4 ohm is lowest stable rating it’s a carver tfm35. Saw some magnapans on eBay but need some restoration work.

Gentlemen and Ladies: I found an article regarding the resurgence of vinyl and associated equipment. This is merely an excerpt, but the opening (posted here) describes me to a "t", how about you?

If your affection for sound quality has started to compete with your affection for music itself, you may have entered the early stages of audiophilia. Should the condition advance, you will likely become preoccupied with stereo equipment and, inevitably, the sound quality of the recordings you own. Often dismissed as a geeky hobby gone awry, audiophilia actually rests upon a keen phenomenological insight: that aesthetic experiences start with physical events. It follows, then, that optimizing those physical events is an attempt to optimize aesthetic experiences, which, if not entirely cool, isn’t an entirely geeky impulse either.

I think 4 ohm is lowest stable rating it’s a carver tfm35. Saw some magnapans on eBay but need some restoration work.

Not sure if you need a center channel, if you do it makes this even more of a bargain as it retails for $1200, along with the C103's $1800 price. Says "best offer"?
Screenshot_20190321-235925.png

Not sure if you need a center channel, if you do it makes this even more of a bargain as it retails for $1200, along with the C103's $1800 price. Says "best offer"?
View attachment 1456289
Tried to purchase the bookshelf but they wont ship to my location. I am at an APO, so complicates things a bit. Going to keep watching the classifieds here, try to snag something used. Found a set od S808s for 250 euros but Indont think those are same catagory as the Conerts.

Back
Top Bottom