So why the map? Reason number one.....

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
The idea to get the map established stretching from coast to coast, or wherever it might be ending up, was not only to make a route for gear or what have you to travel, but maybe even for members to meet up along the way :)

My original idea would have been brilliant (in a Kamakiri sort of way), which would have been to send off my well cared for '87 Buick Lesabre on a coast-to-coast jaunt with AK members, with a photo journal of the trip in a subforum, and a rolling Gear Swap in the trunk, with lots of audio goodies :), and maybe some member purchases going West. What could be more interesting than that! Heck, we could even sell ad space on it, or have an AudioKarma Coast to Coast logo imprinted on it. Kind of cool and something unparallelled among a forum of any kind :)

What would have happened at the Pacific coast end? Maybe it would make it's way back, maybe we'd give it to a member who needed a car. Who cares, just send me the plates back :yes:

But the more I thought about it, that'd be asking way too much of the volunteers.

So, instead I'd like to propose a handoff of one piece of gear, a receiver of some sort, where the members who have it in hand, sign it with a silver paint pen, and pass it on to the next, creating the symbol of a chain of members who have all met. Kind of cool, for a first venture :)

When we have the chain made, we'll get something to happen :thmbsp:

tentoze said:
Umm...a Kamakiri car on a cross-country trip- got AAA?

Okay, so some of my crap's a little on the ragged side. This Buick's no half bad :)

MVC-003S.jpg

Hey, I wish mine was that color!

On a side note, why did GM get away with years of the paint fading/peeling like that on the hood and roof of every Buick/Olds made for about a decade?

JD

Howzabout a '69 Lincoln that MOSTLY works-Well it would w/about half a day of monkeyin' w/it...an' its got SUICIDE DOORS !!!

JDaniel said:
How about a 71 VW Van, lots of beads, permanent scent of ganga, .........

And a ton of Grateful Dead cassettes/8 tracks!!!!!!!!

BTW, how would one get back after the vehicle has made it's westward move????

I get it 11 friends of Jesus in a purple micro bus in a Convoy. Oh wait that's been done.

Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom