So You Think You Have The Only One

totem

Addicted Member
Well there must be a few of us that have somthing audio related, but have not seen another one (yet) Show us your Pic,s and some details. Who knows
mabe you are the only ONE!!!!
I will start with my DR-720 mitsubishi audio rack list 1980 $380.00
65"x22"x24" five shelf rack c/w locking casters any one have one!

Last edited:
There was this exact rack in a local pawn, a little rough, they wanted $75 for it. If it was in better shape I would have bought it.

totem395 said:
Well there must be a few of us that have somthing audio related, but have not seen another one (yet) Show us your Pic,s and a some details. Who knows
mabe you are the only ONE!!!!
I will start with my DR-720 mitsubishi audio rack list 1980 $380.00
65"x22"x24" five shelf rack c/w locking casters any one have one!

My entry is what I believe to be a Kenwood TK-80U. At leaset I'm sure about the Kenwood and 80U parts. It looks like a Fisher 500 and I'll let you know how it sounds after I get the recapping completed.

attachment.php

NEC tuner.

I have a NEC T-6 FM tuner from the mid-80's. I bought it new. It was written up at the time by Stereophile as a great tuner with 55db stereo seperation etc. NEC also made good VCR's and such but I think they later got out of the home electronics business. The tuner still sounds great and I never see it mentioned anywhere.

Here is my entry. It's certainly probably not the only one in existance, but I'm fairly confident no one else on this website has one. This is called "The Rack" and it was made by Pioneer back around 1978. Usually, the only way to get one of these, was to know the store owner that was selling the Pioneer equipment and then pay them the $1600+ that they retailed for, and that's without any equipment in it! My best guesstimation as far as the weight of one of these is empty, is right around 400 pounds. Luckily, when in the upright position, it is on casters and can be moved easily. I just got it about a month ago by winning this auction and picking it up with my buddy Army.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-Rack-St...707919609QQcategoryZ14980QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Retro

I have a Harmon Kardon HK-710 tuner.The display changes color as it is tuned on to a station. Also a Wintec R-1030 receiver. In two years of looking in just about every thrift and pawn shop around Charlotte NC this is the only tuner like this one I have ever seen. I see people mention about the Wintec line but this is the only Wintec that I have seen.
Ed

Last edited:
Sony tubed R2R..555-A model...records in 2 track, plays in 2 and 4...
superscopeinaction.jpg

Allen Organ stereo,,,I see a lot of monoblocks with 6550 tubage, non like mine..
battleshipallen2.jpg

This is all great stuff! That HK tuner was rare, and pretty. I've only seen one white pair of Brauns, and that Mits rack was for the DA-A15 , DA-P10 etc. systems Mitsu man loves. There was probably one per dealer in the US, and I'll bet there weren't 100 dealers at that time!

I need to learn how to post pictures

I have a realistic spa 100

sold only thru radioshack canada for a short time.

650 watt power supply

100+ watts per channel - huge heatsinks

all metal

1 input - stereo 8 band eq - large led power meters.

markdi,

click post reply
click manage attachments
click browse
choose your pic(search your computers hard-drive) 900x900 limit
click open
click upload
click close this window
click submit reply ;)

or you can join photobucket.com and copy and paste your pic
link in the message window :thmbsp:

drspiff said:
My entry is what I believe to be a Kenwood TK-80U. At leaset I'm sure about the Kenwood and 80U parts. It looks like a Fisher 500 and I'll let you know how it sounds after I get the recapping completed.

attachment.php

I have the same KW. . .Mine had a two tone brown case that I painted black when black audio gear was cool. . . I got it from an audio dealer in 1975 or so. . . That receiver and me went through the war together, several actually.

Every 4th of July and New Years I would play that thing so loud that I knew she'd blow but it never happened. . .Nothing but fond memories. . .Finally I gave it to my younger brother who uses it today every day all day. . .That thing just wont quit. . .

I wish I had another one. . .

WhiteSE I hope you don't mind, I fixed the brightness and the contrast of your image a bit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• superscopeinaction.jpg
    superscopeinaction.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,484
Last edited:
Nakdoc said:
This is all great stuff! That HK tuner was rare, and pretty. I've only seen one white pair of Brauns, and that Mits rack was for the DA-A15 , DA-P10 etc. systems Mitsu man loves. There was probably one per dealer in the US, and I'll bet there weren't 100 dealers at that time!

You have no idea how I lusted over this setup at Flip's Stereo where I bought my gear. :smoke:

brochure12qc.jpg

Well not sure if anyone else has one but my H.H.Scott 312 tuner certinly has to considered rare.

Scotttunerface.jpg

other rare goodies include my Heathkit AD-1307 Audio Control Center

Heathkitstylingchange.jpg

I know a couple of guys here have the 1973 Pioneer SX-3000 Reciever but it's still quite rare to see.

SX-3000006.jpg

Thanks kero.....That is a lot better...

also, that Mitsu rack and gear looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom