So You Think You Have The Only One

It'd be interesting to see behind the cloth. I don't think I've seen a picture of old Gales where the woofer foam hasn't perished.

This page is interesting:

http://0339436.netsolhost.com/WordPress/gs401-speaker/

I pulled the end caps off (not easy to do) a couple of years ago and took a look and they still looked good. No signs of cracking or anything. I purchased them new in 1980 or so. Twice they got really wet. I only recently got stands for them, so they used to just sit on one end on the floor. Once an apartment I lived in got water damage from a fire next door, and another time the water pipes upstairs leaked. Both times the speakers sat in water for a couple of days. That chrome plating really stands up. A wood veneer speaker would have been ruined.

Terry

Anyone else have a Nikko kimono?

NikkoKimono2.jpg

NikkoKimono1.jpg

Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the Nikko 'stereo company' make it?

I know there are a couple folks here with ReVox speakers, but I think I might be the only one with Agora Bs.
(this pic. is off the web, but mine look the same)

Last edited:
I know there are a couple folks here with ReVox speakers, but I think I might be the only one with Agora Bs.
(this pic. is off the web, but mine look the same)

I remember reading a review of them. They are supposed to sound really nice.

I've seen only one pair like my Frazier speakers, F 12-8 M, circa 1967-69.. They were in terrible, probably un-fixable condition. I have seen one pair very similar, in like new condition on F.U.G. that were purchased in an estate sale a few weeks ago.

Mediterranean. Definitely don't see those very often. The guy I bought my last pair of Fraziers from gave me the brochure that has those on the cover. It's a pretty cool pic. I think a pair popped up at an estate sale in Denton several months ago but I never found out what became of them.

IXLR8…Those are like mine MK VI's. I don't know if the grill cloth is original (looks like ad pic's I've seen) mine is not. Are these yours?

No sadly these are not my Fraziers, but did to get to listen to them with a variety of music. They sounded wonderful and looked cool doing it. The grill cloth I feel are original but it is hard to be certain till another set shows up and these as you know are very rare. Have been a Frazier fan for some time now.

I know there are few more, not many though, and I've never seen a mention of these here.

Quad amp Clarion MA-4000F and a matching tuner MA-9000F.

9213973.jpg

9213972.jpg

Cool cubes, not powerful, but very interesting. The tuner indicators are motor powered and rotate when Auto tuning is pressed :)
There's also a tape deck from that line, I don't have it.

I have a Teac RX-10 dbx unit specifically made for the Teac AL-700 elcaset that I think even Teac forgot that they made it, I even went to the hi-fi engine website for info and maybe a copy of the manual and they do not recognize that part number, I am still looking for the cord that connects from the unit to the elcast for powering it.:tears:

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 29
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 36
Bang and Olufsen 5700 Studio Monitors
I'm sure someone in the world has a pair, maybe not on AK:)

Last edited:
How about my Mitsubishi DA-P600 Pre-Amp?
I have never seen one before or since I bought mine.

The matching pair of DA-A7DC's are a bit onthe unusual side as well.....
I see DA-A10's and 15's regularly, but not too many of these.

I know there are few more, not many though, and I've never seen a mention of these here.

Quad amp Clarion MA-4000F and a matching tuner MA-9000F.

9213973.jpg

9213972.jpg

Cool cubes, not powerful, but very interesting. The tuner indicators are motor powered and rotate when Auto tuning is pressed :)
There's also a tape deck from that line, I don't have it.
That is SO cool! :thmbsp:
I'd never heard of that line before, and I love the look of them... now I'll have to research and see what the tape deck looks like too.

picture.php
picture.php

Well, so far I seem to be the only one on AK with a pair of the early, dual 3-way W90's with dual front ports, no rear-venting. Also, mine are the only ones with the 12" woofers running full-range. My solder-savvy friend tweaked his rotator-cuff last week, which delayed the re-recap, but hopefully we'll be able to get those yummy oil caps in there this weekend.

Last edited:
Casio KX-101 portable FM/C-cassette/synth/drum machine etc. Haven't seen another one in the wild.

Interesting about is the "computer controlled" cassetteplayer/recorder. You can program the sequence where tracks are played, repeat, shuffle, intro etc. which was pretty advanced in early 80's.

Tech info

Like this:
!Bsmzl!QBGk~$(KGrHqQOKk!EvPnWIPp%2BBL4iyB!!C!~~_3.JPG

It appears like I'm the only one here to have a pair of these Arcus speakers. They're a nice little German made 3 way with an 8'' woofer.

Attachments

• arcus 011.jpg
    arcus 011.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • arcus 009.jpg
    arcus 009.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 23
Casio KX-101 portable FM/C-cassette/synth/drum machine etc. Haven't seen another one in the wild.

Interesting about is the "computer controlled" cassetteplayer/recorder. You can program the sequence where tracks are played, repeat, shuffle, intro etc. which was pretty advanced in early 80's.

Tech info

Like this:

:thmbsp:

Tech info

Like this:

That is so awesome!

Back
Top Bottom