So You Think You Have The Only One

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by totem, May 17, 2006.

1. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

My ST-70 Variant has a blank brushed aluminum faceplate, so that all connections are on the back panel. That makes it different from most other ST70-based iterations. The two OPTs are the only Dynaco parts. Has the Dynamull PCB which allows biasing the EL-34 tubes separately (rather than in pairs as the original design), and a beefier PS Xformer with larger caps, which is not so unique, but with all other parts brand new at the time of the build a year or so ago, and the non-Dynaco chassis, in combination with said arrangement of connections, you could look a long time to find another like it. Rustnrot did his usual neat job so it looks very nice, too. I always hate seeing the interconnects plugged into the front of many tube amps, so that (and the price) was a huge selling point for me. It has been pictured in more than one thread, so I'll do a search and post a link to one. Rustnrot claimed 45wpc, but as he didn't specify distortion I tend to stick with the 35wpc figure, not that the difference is significant, especially when hooked with Khorns.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...t-audio-purchase.418419/page-163#post-9685306

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ds2000

Ds2000 Oh THOSE speakers. Subscriber

Made for model year 1990 only, I had hunted these since. I followed this actual pair through Europe for many years until I found them again in Canada at a dealer where I purchased them. Much wrong had been done to one of them, it is still being rectified. The other is now fine. Beyond rare. IMG_0855.JPG

jobrewer1983 likes this.
  3. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Boothroyd Stuart CD Stabilizer:dunno:
    IMG_1600.JPG

jobrewer1983 likes this.
  4. jobrewer1983

jobrewer1983 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Picked up a Panasonic 3100B integrated amp... this picture can be found on Google... it's the actual unit I purchased, and own. Picture was from eBay, i was the lucky sap to get it. Was listed as parts, did not play.... the unit is in 10/10 in cond it looks new.

Got the unit in, just to realize the jumpers in the back were in the Tape inputs and not the pre in/out jacks. Moved them and bingo, one of the best sounding amps I own.

I can only find one other site on the unit. Finding info on the amp seems to be next to impossible... I'd love to find the user manual & service manuals.

I would really love to find someone else who has one... I would purchase another in a heart beat.

Great thread

IMG_1368.JPG

Kind Regards,
    John

5. jobrewer1983

jobrewer1983 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nice,

Love the 90s rare stuff... my Amp/speakers in my main set up were only produced from 91-92.

Awesome amps man!

Ds2000 likes this.
  6. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

I know this is the only one, because I made it myself, with my own two little hands.

[​IMG]

djwhy60, peerson, james42 and 4 others like this.

7. totem

totem AK Subscriber Subscriber

Seems like Canada does accumulate some rarities, especially in your case!

Posted these in another thread already, but since I started this thread a number of years ago
    these might be somthing no other AKer has, then again maybe not?

IMG_3034_Fotor.jpg

legal eagle and Ds2000 like this.
  8. legal eagle

legal eagle Sound Hound

Love this thread.

I have this Sansui drawer. The outer shell is metal but the actual drawer is wood. Looks like an amp, but I guess that at the time it was manufactured it was meant to hold record cleaning "stuff". I totally forgot I had this until I ran into this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave_1962 and 4-2-7 like this.
  9. legal eagle

legal eagle Sound Hound

Another: This Kenwood remote control thingy that is supposed to turn an otherwise remoteless amp or preamp into an, I guess, a remote controlled device.
    I never hooked t up though so it is anyone's guess if this trick works. This thing is cute and even has a spring loaded hole to stick the remote in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ohighway likes this.
  10. jeremyjustic

jeremyjustic Analog

Wait... you stick the remote in the box???? How does that work?

11. legal eagle

legal eagle Sound Hound

Well...yes.

That's a "remote remote control". I guess that's a place for the remote control in between uses.

12. totem

totem AK Subscriber Subscriber

The only issue I have with this thread is it reminds me how quickly time passes.

Its over ten years since I started this thread. That reminds me, I've forgotten already.

13. jdsalinger

jdsalinger AK Subscriber Subscriber

McIntosh MPI-4, no serial number. I'm the 3rd owner. Originally owned by Jean Filon, long time tuner engineer for McIntosh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz ->"Throw it again!" Subscriber

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  15. steerpike2

steerpike2 Super Member

Not the ONLY one probably, but one of only a few survivors:
    [​IMG]

16. superdog

superdog AK Member

Never knew something like that existed.I'll bet that is highly coveted by a Sansui rack aficionado.

17. Bluezybones

Bluezybones New Member

I have a Harman Kardon model 330 receiver. I can't seem to find any info on that particular model.
    There is plenty on H/K 330a, 330b and 330c - but not the 330 without the a,b or c designation.

OnTheBlitz likes this.
  18. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz ->"Throw it again!" Subscriber

Try looking at hifiengine.com all you have to do is register and it's free. If they don't have the owner and service manual , it night be hard to find.

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  19. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

I'm sure more must exist, I just haven't seen anyone else actually mention having one.

Jensen Model BL-151 speaker cabinet. Picked up this gem about 16 years ago for the Stephens 206ax inside. The cabinet seemed to have a home built look to it, and all along I assumed it was.

However when I was looking for some information in the old (online) Radio Shack catalogs I spotted it on page 171 of the 1953 issue. (also appears on page 175 in the 1954 issue)

So.... not a home built after all....

IMG_20161124_140325568 (1).jpg

jensen 2.jpg

jensen 3.jpg

OnTheBlitz likes this.
  20. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

Also this guy..... Some kind of Kenwood Scope thingy doodle..... KC-6060a

Copy of 101_0164.jpg

OnTheBlitz likes this.