Software update just pushed out for Yamaha Aventage AVR's

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My Yamaha AX-770A is now downloading a software update. Sure is nice to have an AVR that takes care of it's self. I always have the vision of somewhere a person just hits the "push" key and it all starts.

Here are more Details on 1.09

RX-V683/RX-A770/RX-A870 Firmware Update Ver.1.09
Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.

This firmware includes
  • 1. Support for Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma.
  • 2. Stability Improvement

Psrsonally, I turn off auto updates and check the scuttlebutt for a while before I do it. Someone else can be first in those regards. That goes for any/all SW updates far as I'm concerned.

Psrsonally, I turn off auto updates and check the scuttlebutt for a while before I do it. Someone else can be first in those regards. That goes for any/all SW updates far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if this will fix the occasional "Check Speaker wires" shut down I get occasionally with a set of speaker wires, and speakers I know are OK.

Last edited:
I don't know. If not specifically mentioned how could you ever know? For that reason I also hesitate to update software unless it has a known fix for a problem I experience.

In case you hadn't noticed I'm not a fan of "recreational" software updates. LOL.

I don't know. If not specifically mentioned how could you ever know? For that reason I also hesitate to update software unless it has a known fix for a problem I experience.

In case you hadn't noticed I'm not a fan of "recreational" software updates. LOL.

Having delt with computer demons from hell for over 40 years you get kind bored with the whole issue.

I'm the same way, sit and wait for the hate wave or love affair. But in this case I hadn't realized I had auto update selected. (doh). Last update played hell on getting the phone apps back working again. Total reset of the unit, uninstalling the apps, then reinstalling got everything back to abnormal (Humor), again. Then .... do all the Multipoint calibrations again. Re-program all the preset scenes again ... and did someone say something about demons above me? .. yeeahhh.

However in this case, all went well and toit It did seem my 3070 sounded a bit more dynamic. (maybe placibo), but I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now. Hope it fixed that "Check Speaker Wires" for you @transmaster. I can imagine that being a serious pain in the Ass.

Back
Top Bottom