Sold one of my babies today..

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Bill Ashton, May 3, 2018.

1. Bill Ashton

Bill Ashton AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not sure it's really seller's remorse, but I am not feeling warm and happy about it..

My Collings D2H went off to FedEx and Florida this afternoon...maybe I am just worried about her arriving safe. Spectacular build, wonderful tone, just not the neck profile for me, Lord I've tried, but she ain't it...

So, off to someone who will perhaps play her more than just look at her :(

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hopefully you didn't get hit too hard. If it wasn't for you, you did the right thing,

Are you replacing it with something? What didn't you like about the neck?

I've sold and shipped quite a few guitars and amps all over the country with no damage. So if it was packed properly it should be fine.

I miss a few amps I've sold, but not many of the guitars.

3. Bill Ashton

Bill Ashton AK Subscriber Subscriber

Until about ten years ago I always loved and sought after vee profile necks. Then something clicked and the slimmer "Fender C" sort became the best for me. Don't know why, seemed to happen overnight.

Probably too many horror stories about tragedies has me nervous. Shipped a Guild F512 south about six months ago, no troubles, factory box and plenty of extra attention to weak spots where shock could transfer in the case...no problems. If anything, she is packed better (not an old t-shirt left in the house!), but I worry.

Real first world problem, I am left with a Guild D-55 and a Huss & Dalton DS...the Huss can easily double for a bluegrass picker, even though it looks like a J-45. The Guild is just a nice singer/songwriter (which I am not!) accompanying guitar, a wicked easy player...but bluegrass "bark" she don't have! Seem I have the bases covered anyway, for a bedside picker.

Just hard to let one leave the rack...

4. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Only one acoustic at the moment. A bottom-of-the-line Taylor.

Even though I have pretty small hands, I prefer a medium Gibson profile (pre-PLEK/pre-Asymetric LP Standard), followed right behind by Fender's "C" profile. The Taylor is pretty close to my Fender.

If you play electric, the Fender Baja Tele has a soft V profile.