Solder Station needed

FYI Fry's has the Hakko FX-888D on promo code for $79. Ships free to for online orders it says. May only be through today though.

2 years ago I picked up two complete Metcal units, that's the power supply and a new hand piece for less than 100 bucks each. Took a month or so of watching ebay but when someone cleans out an electronics shop they sometimes price it to just get it sold. Tips come in dozens of sizes and I've done well buying assortments of used ones.
I just looked, my power supply's are model PS2E-01, that housing is a massive aluminum extrusion, very high quality. Heck, everything about Metcal is high quality, these were designed for soldering 24/7 and were built to do that.
Not that I would ever need to do it but if you had say 20 decent sized solder joints all lined up, this will do it without slowing you down. I mean like 1/2' apart so your barely moving the iron. The induction coil is wrapped very close to the tip so it just pours on the coals so to speak.

BillWojo

BillWojo

There's good reason Metcal is the industry standard. I have the MX500, it's so easy to change tip, they even provide a pad that you justhe hhe grab the tip and pull it out, then stick a new one in. I like the pencil size handle and the tip is so close to the handle you have good control when soldering.

I still like my good old trusted Weller though.

Back
Top Bottom