[SOLVED] Yamaha C-4 problem: horrible distorted sound / hiss in left channel

Hello

Making that, dammage your quality contacts ! I have refixed plenty durty switches without abrasive paper ! you will loose the preserving chemical treatment if you abrase it . You trouble is not coming from there . It comes from the contacts under the rivets
I will make some research in my hard disk to show you what I have done

I have fixed some of the switches by re-setting the rivets, as I found them to be quite loose. Something I posted long ago, perhaps even in this very thread (did not go looking).

Please excuse my question if it simple or corny. Not a tech but a music lover and wont learn as fast as Mr Yamaha to solder and do all those things. Too busy with work commitments. Do the wafer switches go "faulty" because of use or "oxidation", dirt? Is there a chance that de-oxit or similar product can cure the problem? I read somewhere that techs find the switches filled with "goo" from a variety of sprays a real problem when they get C4's to repair, especially with wafer switch problems. I am so scared that inexperienced techs will damage the switches and the delicate fingers irreparably and just blame age. I have a problem with the selector switch on my C4 and would like to remedy the problem. have given a tech the link to this thread but he said the job looked like a long and expensive job he would consider in two months time because of his current workload.

Its the part in the picture earlier in this thread
index.php
Looks like this - see earlier discussion

Hello

Making that, dammage your quality contacts ! I have refixed plenty durty switches without abrasive paper ! you will loose the preserving chemical treatment if you abrase it . You trouble is not coming from there . It comes from the contacts under the rivets
I will make some research in my hard disk to show you what I have done
Any update on this cleaning issue and rivets?

Back
Top Bottom