Some before and after.

stirfrizzle

Before:

dsc0007tp.jpg

After:

dsc0004tv.jpg

I ditched the CDP, and got myself a USB DAC, which I love dearly. Also, wireless keyboards are wonderful. My next mission is to get a better CD rack, and possibly a bookshelf. Also, some plexiglass sheets to line the wire rack, and replace the current I Spy books I'm using.

So how'd I clean up? :D

Much nicer, cleaner! :thmbsp:

:scratch2:... Just from the decor in general, I'm guessing this is a younger persons/student's room, and not the home of an over-fifty boomer, right?

you can get plexiglass from just about any hardware store, most have the thin ( about 1/8" thick) stuff, this can be cut easily, also keep your eyes peeled, I just found a nice 2'x4' ,1/2" thick clear plexiglass sign someone was throwing out. or find a nice old wooden shelf and cut to size. good luck!

Does the circular light on the tuner there signal how high the volume is?

Also, Acrylic is cheaper than Plexiglass.

Much nicer, cleaner! :thmbsp:

:scratch2:... Just from the decor in general, I'm guessing this is a younger persons/student's room, and not the home of an over-fifty boomer, right?

Indeed. I'm a student. :D Freshman in college this fall. I'm the kind that used to have every inch of my wall covered in posters. Lately I've been trying to declutter. As Bruce Lee once said, "It is not the daily increase, but the daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential."

Does the circular light on the tuner there signal how high the volume is?

Also, Acrylic is cheaper than Plexiglass.

Unfortunately, no. Though that would be cool. The receiver is a Harman Kardon HK 3390, if you're curious.

http://www.estreetplastics.com/Clear_Acrylic_Plexiglass_Sheets_1_8_Thick_s/27.htm

This site makes it seem like sound like the two are the same?

Would 1/8" plexiglass be strong enough to support a reciever?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom