Some of Tarl Of Gor's silver Pioneer.

Tarl Of Gor

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Okay, here's my little ole boring Pioneer system. Starting with a Pioneer JA-R2S rack I mounted a Spec-2 amp in the bottom and then a Pioneer CT-F1250 cassette deck. On top of that is a Pioneer TX-9800 tuner followed by a Pioneer RT-707 reel-to-reel and then a Spec-1 pre-amp above that.

Because using this rack system limited the amount of turntables I could incorporate into the system to 1 and because I have a few more turntables than that, I decided to put together an IKEA IVAR system that would allow me to hook up 2 turntables and also allow me a spot for a Pioneer RT-909 reel-to-reel. This also allowed me to incorporate some shelving for 600 of my favorite records. If that wasn't enough, there was also enough space between the top of the rack and the bottom of the shelving unit top to slide a Pioneer P-D70 CD player!

The IKEA IVAR system is just plain ole yellow pine when you buy it. I didn't want that look so I sanded the shelving, put 2 coats of cherry stain, 1 coat of dark walnut stain, followed by a coat of clear. After that dried I then sanded with 220 sand paper and applied one more coat of clear. I think I have less than $200 in the shelving.

The two turntables that I am currently spinning is a Pioneer PL-707 and a Pioneer PL-L1000 (which I've owned since 1980).

The speakers that I'm using with this system are just as boring as the rest of the system. JBL 4430 studio monitors. Thanks to Zilch's guidance, I'll never stack anything on top of them!

IMG_2558.jpg

Last edited:
I like this setup A LOT. It's very-'to-the-point'. I really-dig the vinyl-storage. And I see you have the cheeks on either side. Nice... And you're a Strat guy. I used to be a total Strat-person, but for the last several years I have definitely changed into a Les Paul guy (I'll change back at some point, I'm sure).

Last edited:
The hanging Strat's are a nice touch to a great looking System!
Regards,
Jim

Thanks! They're both autographed too! The blue guitar is autographed by Susan Tedeschi Trucks and the black one is autographed by Joe Satriani.

Nice setup!You have a lot in a small amount of space.Thats what one needs to do with multiple systems.I'll take note.

Real nice set up, Scott. I kinda like Pioneer gear, also.

Is there any ventilation issues with the Pioneer rack being enclosed by the Ikea Ivar unit?

Real nice set up, Scott. I kinda like Pioneer gear, also.

Is there any ventilation issues with the Pioneer rack being enclosed by the Ikea Ivar unit?

Thanks! No, I don't think there are any issues. The back is all open so the gear should be getting plenty of ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom