Some old junk that was given to me today.

zombie1210

I was given two large and heavy speaker cabinets today. Supposedly they work. I have yet to try them with anything.

These pics show what is inside, after taking out a bunch of screws that hold on the back panel.

Any info on this model speaker?
The cabinet may or may not be home made. Not a bad job. Just old and dirty.

This pic is upside down to show the print on the speaker.

bALODC9.jpg

ouYWUHC.jpg

Dirty grille cloth.

gi7OgMp.jpg

Wow! Knight coaxes it would appear! Never personally seen a pair in three decades of buying / selling / trading ...

I was just thinking that Knight sounded like the house name for Allied Electronics, back in those days!
But if they are Goodman coaxials under the label, wow!

Score indeed!

Not lightweights either 34lbs.thats almost as heavy as my altec 604b which clocks in at 40lbs.
Great score indeed congrats.

Very interesting.

Is there any specific reasoning behind the odd shaped opening on the front of the cabinet?

So, I'm guessing that the Knight Coax speakers are something fairly desirable?

Would these have been sold originally as a cabinet, and separate speakers, or did they come assembled?

I'm going to hook them up to something later today.

Is this a decent score? Or just something old and not seen very often. I don't have room in my house for these speakers. Today I will be taking them to my storage unit and hooking them up to an old Magnavox console stereo that I have stored there.

I will probably end up selling them at some point. What would be an approximate value? But who knows, I might figure out a way to squeeze them into my house. But I may end up sleeping on the couch if I do.

If they are Karlson cabs, that could affect value either way as they are bulky and controversial as a speaker type. The main value is vintage Goodman's coax drivers.

If I was to offload them, what should I ask for them? Considering they work, as I will find out later today.

Leave them in the cabinets? Sell the speakers separately?

If I was to offload them, what should I ask for them? Considering they work, as I will find out later today.

Leave them in the cabinets? Sell the speakers separately?

Questions about value have to be asked (and answered) in Dollars and Sense.

Back
Top Bottom