Some speaker help please

Soulcraft

I am new to the community and just assembling my first system. I have not listened to vinyl since the late 80's and even then it was not played on anything of much quality. Some of the rich kids parents I grew up with did have some amazing systems that were absolutely mind blowing and created some of the most satisfying musical experiences I have had; I want that again.

Here are some speakers I am looking at on CL. Any suggestions/ insight would be greatly appreciated.

1. JBL L 19 that have been re-foamed $250
2. JBL L 77 $400
3. ADS L 710 $400

What I am working with:

Fisher CA-2110 Integrated Amp, 60 wpc
Fisher FM-2110 Tuner
Dual CS-5000 TT

The living room is 15' x 20' carpeted

I know there a lot of JBL fans here, but for accuracy you can't beat the ADS. Not sure about prices, though; that question really belongs in the Dollars & Sense forum.

I am new to the community and just assembling my first system.

Hey Soul, welcome to Audiokarma. I and a many others are fans of ADS, and my L710s are great speakers. I haven't heard the JBLs.

Check the tweeter fuses of the ADS speakers to ensure that they are good to properly enjoy those sweet dome tweeters.

I am new to the community and just assembling my first system. I have not listened to vinyl since the late 80's and even then it was not played on anything of much quality. Some of the rich kids parents I grew up with did have some amazing systems that were absolutely mind blowing and created some of the most satisfying musical experiences I have had; I want that again.

Here are some speakers I am looking at on CL. Any suggestions/ insight would be greatly appreciated.

1. JBL L 19 that have been re-foamed $250
2. JBL L 77 $400
3. ADS L 710 $400

What I am working with:

Fisher CA-2110 Integrated Amp, 60 wpc
Fisher FM-2110 Tuner
Dual CS-5000 TT

The living room is 15' x 20' carpeted

I know there a lot of JBL fans here, but for accuracy you can't beat the ADS. Not sure about prices, though; that question really belongs in the Dollars & Sense forum.

Thanks for the response. I just found a set of L620's for $250 that look sweet, metal grills. I will take your advice and throw it out to the Dollars and Sense forum. -Best

Hey Soul, welcome to Audiokarma. I and a many others are fans of ADS, and my L710s are great speakers. I haven't heard the JBLs.

Check the tweeter fuses of the ADS speakers to ensure that they are good to properly enjoy those sweet dome tweeters.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I am inching forward to either the 710's or 620's.

Looks like speakers are a little more pricy in your neck of the woods. Personally, I would recommend spending extra money for the 710's if you decide to go with the ADS.

A little more budget friendly option near your area is a pair of refoamed Genesis Physics Model II's for $120. Not as nice as the ADS but a very enjoyable speaker for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom