thoraudio

So I can live vicariously through you.

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

https://www.estatesales.net/CA/La-Mesa/91941/1759986?highlight=Stereo

The flippers will be waiting in line. Probably have to spend the night to be in front.
At least it's down San Diego way and not somewhere back east in the middle of a massive freeze out. :D I'm sure that they know exactly what the going rate for that gear is and have priced accordingly.

That is the classic installation for a well-heeled buyer from about 1961 or so. Amazing it

I was _given_ a similar console by my step mother in law who had purchased it in 1963 w/sales receipt and all manuals. Had a Mac MX-110, MC-225 along with JBL speakers in the matching side cabinets. The killer was that I'd visited her house many, many time and never asked what was under the sheet with all the little knick-knacks on it.

Imagine my surprise when she asked me if I wanted her old stereo and then removed all that stuff and opened the lid! Her only requirement of me was that I had to take the entire 10 feet of console with the gear in it. I backed my truck up about a week later!

Cheers,

David

My Dad had that particular model of Ampex reel to reel deck from the mid 60s as I recall.

All I can say is folly huck. Someone sure knew what they were buying in sixties! And I’ll bet it still works flawlessly

Back
Top Bottom