Somebody go buy this, please.

I am pretty sure I know who will be there first thing in the morning and knowing most of the estate sale companies around here there won't be any big scores though probably a good enough deal to make a few bucks once you part out the console and eBay everything.

Estate sales in my location wouldn't let it go for less than the highest ebay sale, f'n vultures.

This reminds me a bit of the naked custom McIntosh/ Bozak installation in the Patten apartment at the Atlanta Fox theatre, minus the contemporary cabinetry. Eugene Patronis of Georgia Institute of Technology designed the inset tower speaker systems using Bozak drivers.

Last edited:
Amazing, makes me want a martini, some Frank Sinatra, and one of those “good for you” Kool cigarettes. The original owner had very discriminating tastes, and likely a healthy disposable income at the time.

Is there any point for me to wake up and go there early tomorrow? I live in San Diego and I'd love to get this stuff for myself, not to flip, but I don't want to go down there to find out they are selling at full ebay prices, and a line of guys like me down the block.
What do you think?

If that was in Houston, I'd go. You never know what you might find.

Everything in my signature line came from an estate sale except the SX 780. It came out of a trash pile beside the road.

Edit-the 4411s came from GW.

Last edited:
btw, what are we looking at with the speakers? I've been interested in picking up some Mcintosh stuff for a while, but I don't know what those speakers are.

btw, what are we looking at with the speakers? I've been interested in picking up some Mcintosh stuff for a while, but I don't know what those speakers are.
Bozak modified 305 configuration, in non Bozak cabinets.. Nice speakers, but not premium $$

I got to the sale at 6:am and there were already 4 cars ahead of me. the guys in the first position were there to buy the whole stereo console and speakers, so I left. Apparently they are first in line at all of these in SD. They got there at 3am

Back
Top Bottom