Someone gave me something today....

Nice catch! the cassette deck reminds me of my old Concord MK IV deck, which if I remember correctly, had Nakamichi Research Inc. in teh copper etch on one of the boards inside.....

I inherited a Nak500 as well. By now. Your Nak will probably need some new belts and idler. Hopefully the pinch roller is still in good shape

So, I replaced everything....the belts and the tires - the brass looking spindle or driver that spins the tires doesn't go back and forth as it should. If I force it over to the right it will spin the right tire when I hit play. But stopping it or hitting ff it will put itself back in between the two tires, not touching either. I posted on tapeheads and didn't get a ton of help....any idea on what to do?? I am totally new to all this.

the brass looking spindle or driver that spins the tires doesn't go back and forth as it should.
I haven't worked on tape decks for a very long time. Back when I did . One issue that was always present was hardened grease or lubricant that impeded smooth travel of the mechanical levers and such.Might want to see if this could be part of your problem.

Back
Top Bottom