Someone grab these--Acoustic Research AR-90 Vintage Speakers - $200 (Aurora)

Mystery

constantly upgrading...
Noaf... I'd take them but no space in my room...

Acoustic Research AR-90 Vintage Speakers - $200 (Aurora)
Date: 2012-03-11, 9:55AM MDT
Reply to: 5ddgp-2896286833@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have a set of AR 90 speakers that I have owned since 1980. I am still using them but want to downsize instead of refurbishing them. They are 42" tall, 12" wide and 14" deep. The tweeters and super tweeters are in fair shape and the mid-ranges need replaced but are still working. The woofers are working but should be refurbished as well. The cabinets are in good shape and the grills are in fair shape. They still crank and sound good but need a good home where they will be refurbished. They are comparable to Bose 901's, JBL 220's, and Sansui 9000's. I will part with them for $200.00 which is well worth it for the cabinets alone.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited:
I searched past listings and they go quick for over $300 with foam rotts so $200 with some refoam is great deal. I wish I had room for these.:no:

I doubt stacking would be an opinion with them. If I lived in CO they would already be in my van.

I made it from Seattle to Tulsa in 2 days once by myself. Just once... But I agree. I'd be all over these if they were within a couple hundred miles of me. Hmm...my dad is in Colorado Springs...

Damn - that's a smokin' deal! I'd make room for those if I lived anywhere near there. I'm sure they will be gone in a hurry. The refoam is easy, the recap is a PITA (unless you have extra long Ape-arms) but well worth it. :yes:

Good price, but one point nobody had mentioned: "They still crank and sound good " If he's been craking them with shot foam, I'd be worried. But I'd worry about that after I picked them up.

Yes looks like lots of good branded speakers popping up.
May be spring time cleaning of garages and basements. :D

Hmm... no one has contacted the seller yet?

Really I got a real nice deal from one of these threads where everyone kept talking of what a good deal it was, and after two days I contacted the seller and he had not yet received one call! I was hesitant about calling the guy at first as I didn't want to pull it out from under the OP chance, but after he insisted he had no money I figured hey I guess if he isn't going to get it, might as well be me.

Back
Top Bottom