Someone help an itunes moron..

tentoze

Twangophile
I downloaded an album (1st time) from itunes, and thought I'd burned it to a cd-r, but no dice. What the ****- are you stuck playing d/l'ed albums only in itunes? I'm SOOOOOOOO confused.

Yes you can burn it to CD-R, although it may not be completely obvious how to accomplish this from the get go. I have Itunes version 6, since it screws up whenever I try to upgrade to 7, so I just gave up trying to upgrade.

Well here is how I burn a CD. Click on file and go to "create a new playlist". You can call the playlist the same name as the album for convenience. Then add all the tracks from the album you just purchased to your new playlist. Your newly purchased track will be found in the folder called "Purchased tracks". . I do this by highlighting each track, starting with the first one, left clicking and then clicking on where it says "add to play list". When you have all the tracks in your new playlist, open up that playlist and then click on the circular icon at the top right (it is called burn disk).

Some albums have digital booklets you can print up, some don't. Goodies that ordinarily come with an album when you buy it in a store, such as an accompanying DVD will not be included. This can be a good thing if you were only interested in the music itself.

First put the album you want to burn in a seperate play list.
Then click 'edit' and in the drop down menu select 'Preferences', a seperate box should open up.
click the 'advanced' tab and under that heading there should be a tab called 'burning'.
Click that tab and you can set up what type of disk you want to burn, an audio disc, mp3 or a data disc.

Click on the playlist and hit burn disc in the upper right hand corner.

Good luck!

edit - looks like I was a little late!

Make a playlist of the Album. Press "burn disc". Follow the prompts. If you don't get a RedBook CD at the end, check your preferences - there's a setting for disc type default. It SHOULD default to RedBook (I think it actually just says "Audio CD".)

If you try to burn too much data for one disc, it should ask you if you want one mp3 cd or multiple redbook cd's.

I stumbled into the right thang- thanx, guys. itunes is a seriously ****ed up piece of software.

Back
Top Bottom