Something hard to admit....

Johnny

Senior Slacker
While there are quite a few passages in music that choke me up if heard at the right time. I`m looking for songs that get you everytime. A song that gets the chill-bumps going and bring a tear to your eye.

For me, the sentiment, but mostly just the pure raw emotion of Sinead O`Conners` " Troy" gets me everytime.

"So Like A Rose" from Garbage gets me for the same reasons.

There are Quite a few more, but I`ll spare you and see if you guys have any.......or maybe I`m just a big wussy :(

John

Good Thread John,

I would have to say(sounds like Family Feud) Dave Alvin's Andersonville

and the Tom Russell penned Gallo Del Ciello(sung by Joe Ely,Ian Tyson and Russell himself)

Also Sarah Mclachlin's I Will Remember You
Alan

Last edited:
Off the top of my head...

"Landslide"--- Fleetwood Mac
"Amazing Grace"----just about any version, but especially on bagpipes

john

Josh Groban - To Where You Are

I can not hear this song and not think of my father. He died in 1986 at the young age of 53. I miss him.
cry.gif

3 that cut me to the bone every time...

1. "Wake Up Time" - Tom Petty

2. "Don't Let it Bring You Down" - Neil Young

3. "Lather" - Jefferson Airplane

:pawprint:

The second song is by Eva Cassidy. I've only found out about her recently...thanks to Shadow(thanks shadow). It seems Eva had passed away before her time...but what I'm finding out, is that this women left a gift of song behind for us to enjoy. (to me) What separates Eva from many other singers of today? She could sing! No, I mean she can really sing! You can feel the heart and emotion that she used when singing.

The CD is Eva Cassidy : Live At Blues Alley. I'm not sure if knowing of her early passing has any influence on me when listening to this song or not...but, the song is Tall Trees In Georgia .

This is a must buy CD if ya like jazz with a touch of blues and a lot of soul ;)

One of my best friends was a retired Air Force mechanic who died at 53. When the honor guard played "Taps", I lost it. The buglers played it beautifully and even the memory can still make me misty.

Since then, I've been to several military funerals and that song does it to me every time

George

Only 1 song anymore for me. It's called Christmas Song on the disk, Julsang on the cover of "Cantate Domino" by Oscars
Moetettkor. Everything about it perfect, will choke you up it's so beautiful.
Carl

"Last Train" Arlo Guthrie
"The Games People Play" Joe South
"The Sounds Of Silence" Simon&Garfunkel
"Leaving On A Jet Plane" Peter Paul and Mary
"The Man In Black" Johnny Cash

Just to name a few and I am only 34. I state my age because people will sometimes say "you were not around then" when hearing my musical tastes. I guess they are the type who are satisfied with top 40, MTV, and Plastic Fantastic FM radio stations. There is so much more that they are missing. It is kind of weird I will admit that my ears seem to be pleased 99% of the time with 50s and 60s sounds. I have pretty much always been like this. Maybe this will start a new thread on musical past lives.....
:nutz:

"plastic fantastic FM radio stations" Amen brother, amen.

G/F- I`m out to pick up the Eva Cassidy today.

J

Originally posted by Johnny
"plastic fantastic FM radio stations" Amen brother, amen.

G/F- I`m out to pick up the Eva Cassidy today.

J

Johnny,you will love it,voice of an angel,man

Alan

Back
Top Bottom