Sometimes you just have to buy an album for the cover...

tikisteve

I haven't listened to it yet, I'm a little scared to...

Got any albums that you've bought because of the cover? Either good or bad!

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 340
Goanna - Spirit of Place
Goanna-Spirit_of_Place.jpg

The new Pink Floyd album could be nice on the wall too (<<<see what i did there).

Worzel Gummidge and Worzel Gummidge Down Under are two a TV series that ran for a couple of years each (late 1970s-early 1980s and late 1980s) starring Jon Pertwee, an actor that might be familiar to some here.

I would have bought that album based on it's cover and my knowledge of the TV series, just for something to have.

I seriously think a third of my records I bought for the cover. I like small pressing stuff with low budget covers.

Attachments

• IMG_7796.jpg
    IMG_7796.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7797.jpg
    IMG_7797.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_7798.jpg
    IMG_7798.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 167
When I was a wee lad, one of my early purchases was The Clash-London Calling. Never heard of the band, but man, that cover. I was 10 and my world was about to change forever. 35 years later, it is still a classic cover. I still will pick up a record based on the cover alone to this day.

A high school friend sent me a facebook message with a bunch of records that she'd send me if I wanted them...this caught my eye in all of the thrift store crap.

Turned out to be a Private Press folky country sort of thing.

OnFrvA.jpg

Confession #1: I bought Savoy Brown's "Street Corner Talking" in 1971 strictly due to the cover art (someone who finds working with images easy please post a pic).

Confession #2: It was the first of a very few encounters in my life in which I experienced hallucinogenic effects, as I had eaten psilocybin mushrooms. I'll never forget playing that record for the first spin.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

R-2099166-1399739006-9469.jpeg.jpg

Done.
I understand #2 completely. Mine was the 1st listening to Aqualung accompanied by my first encounter with Black Primo hashish enhanced with opium.
Indelible.

Last edited:
The cover and the artist's last name promised SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than it delivered, now I know why there are so many sealed copies available on line.

The cover and the artist's last name promised SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than it delivered, now I know why there are so many sealed copies available on line.

yep...It suckered me in at GoodWill once...it promptly returned in a purge.

Back
Top Bottom