Sometimes you just have to buy an album for the cover...

Racy covers took a hit...

In the late 50's& 60's. Many came out before the official LP prudent league got involved. Then they all disappeared.
Many like Julie London, Rusty Warns(?), and many others got the axe and were never seen again. Julie London was back after toning it down. So did some others.
I was a kid and many times didn't buy something because bringing it home to a super prudent home enviroment didn't work well then.

Paul

In the late 50's& 60's. Many came out before the official LP prudent league got involved. Then they all disappeared.
Many like Julie London, Rusty Warns(?), and many others got the axe and were never seen again. Julie London was back after toning it down. So did some others.
I was a kid and many times didn't buy something because bringing it home to a super prudent home enviroment didn't work well then.

Paul

Rusty Warren is the name. With albums like "Knockers Up" and "Rusty Warren Bounces Back" there was a reason one of her albums was titled "Banned in Boston". :D

I bought this one for the cover a few years ago.

4d6ca986a9a1f55b15bb1391a3c5ef96.jpg

Nothing from Monty Python's Previous Record? That cover intro'ed them to me, and it's a 3 sided record!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nothing from Monty Python's Previous Record? That cover intro'ed them to me, and it's a 3 sided record!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't have that but I would definitely buy the instant record collection if I found it. :D

MontyPythonInstantRecordCollection.jpg

Live and Outrageous - Millie Jackson

Google the image and you will see why I bought the album knowing nothing about her. Millie Jackson is a lot of black woman. Turned out I liked her music.

- JKHolman

Last edited:
I've bought a bunch of albums for the cover, as much as I hate to admit it. Strangely, I've ended up enjoying many more of them than I would have thought...

Weakends.

Kept seeing this in a used bin and every time I came across it I paused longer to try and figure out the back story on the picture.

Finally brought it home. Its not the best music (and not the worst) but this image is one of the best "wtf" covers I have.

Attachments

• music_mashups2-4_46.jpg
    music_mashups2-4_46.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 83
This is a great album...Mick Abrahams after he parted ways with Jethro Tull. Got a chance to see them live, opening for Procol Harum. AND...that was the first I heard of a guy named Robin Trower :). Anywhooo...

Back
Top Bottom