Sometimes you just have to buy an album for the cover...

This is a great album...Mick Abrahams after he parted ways with Jethro Tull. Got a chance to see them live, opening for Procol Harum. AND...that was the first I heard of a guy named Robin Trower :). Anywhooo...

Yes a very good album

Yep...

zoogs_zpsmequpz39.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Sure do. I have 12 LP-size frames on the walls of my office and regularly bring in new covers to keep the display fresh. Here are 2 covers I bought only for the art as the records inside looked like someone had danced on them in golf shoes. I just like the minimalist look of the vixen cover. A co-worker swears that's actor Doug McClure on the cover of Dance Party. And I've bought a few that my wife said would lead to trouble if displayed at work. :nono:

Attachments

• Cunning_little_vixen1.JPG
    Cunning_little_vixen1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Dance_party.JPG
    Dance_party.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 39
Bought this one for the cover ...

without hearing a song on it. Was a youngin then ... got a taste for Country Rock ... Stampeders ... Cowboy Hat :scratch2: thought these guys were a band out of Texas or something ... turned out they were Canadians :headscrat ... Oh well ... good album liked Sweet City Women & Carry Me.

stampeders-sweet_city_woman.jpg

Last edited:
Worzel Gummidge and Worzel Gummidge Down Under are two a TV series that ran for a couple of years each (late 1970s-early 1980s and late 1980s) starring Jon Pertwee, an actor that might be familiar to some here.

A fellow time lord!

Also, his son plays Alfred on "Gotham."

I don't think I have ever purchased a Jazz album because of Cover Art. If I did, then I don't remember it. Most of the Jazz albums I have far outweigh the cover art with their music. Seriously. Who is going to buy an album with a sketch of Dave Brubeck on the front for that cover art? His wife and daughter maybe.

Rock? Yes. I sure have. Even "Dark Side of the Moon" gave me some visual surplus when I first saw the cover art. Probably 20 percent of my Rock albums were purchased because of cover art. The rest I purchased because I heard them on the radio or a friend or dorm mate at college had the album.

I finally gave in and picked up one of these because the cover always made me smile...

col555.jpg

^^^Love that hair, that long, long hair parted in the middle. The music would have to be super to even match the cover. Well done!!

Statesmen.jpeg

Could not resist this one today. Slice of Americana

I bet these wild men have some road stories to tell.

Sorta like "buying Playboy for the articles", eh?

Anyway, while I don't recall having ever purchased an album w/ LP intact for the sake of the cover art, I have purchased "empty" covers for the sake of the cover art. Not many, but several.

Through 59 (including my) rplies to this OP, has not one person yet listed the infamouse EP:

Boss Hog
Drinkin', Lechin', & Lyin'
(Amphetamine, 1989)

Early work by Jon Spencer and (IIRC) then-wife (or galfriend) Christina Martinez, it is a great (and typical) "Spencerian" work which happens to be adorned with quite a memorable cover image, an example of which I'll not post here. I'll let y'all seek out the image @ The Google for your own amusement and/or enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom