Somtimes Life Sucks

BeerCan

Tá mé ar meisce.
Just had to post somewhere.

I play hockey 2-3 times a week and I usually look forward to it. Tonight however is very different for me. A little background, I play on a team that is very close, I mean we are all very good friends. We have played toghether for over 5 years. We have fun, lots of fun. We are all very like minded that we play for the "enjoyment" unlike other teams that are very win oriented. This year in one of our leauges (thursday night) we are doing very well (11-2).

That all changed last week, one of our players and a very good friend left the ice with 34 seconds left in the game -- said he did not feel good. He walked off the ice, changed in the locker room, walked outside and dropped dead. 38 years old, wife, 3 kids and poof. I was stunned, here is a guy in apperently good shape and its was over in no time. So now we play tonight, I really don't know how we are going to do it. As I said my team was really close and its like losing a family member.

Well anyway here is to #7 Eric Bergeron God speed my friend, I will miss you.

Sorry for your loss.
I'm sure he would have wanted you guys to go do it for him. My best friend in
elementary and high school passed in his sleep at 38. Kinda wakes you up to life.

Carl

Thanks for sharing your friend's legacy... it helps to tell others
when you're hurting... you are among friends/family here! :yes:

Prayers out to you and your friend's family! :yes:

As posted before... go out and win another one in Eric's name! :thmbsp:

Scott

Life's not fair...

For him or his family.

You'll not get a tougher mental game than the one you play tonight.

Another 38 yr old sending you his prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Eric, But when I go I hope it fast like Eric and not drawn out.
Remember the good times and play your hearts out for him.

I mourn with you, and pray that healing comes quickly.

Celebrate his life and the friendship you shared, every day. That is his legacy to you and your teammates.

Very sorry to hear that. Life isn't fair, and it really sucks when it is our friends that it isn't fair to ...

Very sorry. You are right "where is the sense in all of this?" Sometimes life is hard and seldom fair. Hug your wife and kids and make the most of every moment. I do believe that lives are measured in quality not quantity. Again, so sorry!

Back
Top Bottom