Songs that REQUIRE full volume.

No Quarter / Highway Song / Sea of Joy / Violet / Ain't the One - pretty much any hard driving rock song if the mood strikes me - which is why my neighbors hate me....

Last edited:
I'm 52 years old, I have worked in the steel industry for 13+ years, if there is one thing I've learned its that my hearing is too precious to listen to anything too loud.
Take care of your ears, once your hearing is gone, that's it you can't get it back.

Thanks, that's a good point and very true.
I don't really think that the term "Full Volume" is really relevant. How about this is really a jammin tune that I tend to turn up the volume for, and some members will more than others. :rockon:

I'm 52 years old, I have worked in the steel industry for 13+ years, if there is one thing I've learned its that my hearing is too precious to listen to anything too loud.
Take care of your ears, once your hearing is gone, that's it you can't get it back.
Also,Shooting. I had a Dan Wesson .44 Magnum discharge about ten feet away from me when I was younger-it felt like someone drove a spike into my ear canal-it has never been the same.....

Back upstream I said the entire Let It Bleed album should be played at maximum level. We really did do that back then. How loud was it? In the quiet part of You Can't Always Get What You Want, when Jagger first starts singing, we could clearly hear the master tape print through pre-echo of his voice. o_O

No activity, let's try this one you may not know of. Not a great recording so I recommend you grab it from Spotify or Pandora, no affiliation.

Last edited:

I'm the OP on this thread and yeah, I totally get what you are saying.... and no one is saying to make your ears bleed, but there are certain songs that make you raise the volume. How much you raise the volume is up to you. I'm 51 and spent a lot of time in CBGB as a "too young to be in there" kid. Did it hurt my hearing? Hell yes it did. No question. Would I trade it for anything in the world? Probably not.

But now that I am 51, I won't just walk into those ear-splitting decibel assaults unless something very special is going on, like if the Dead Kennedys decided to play Miami Beach or something. (maybe I'll ask Biafra if he's old enough now) and even then I wear protection.... and ear plugs too. :)

Back
Top Bottom