Songs that stab you right in the heart.

I have to add one of Stephen Foster's greatests' - "Hard Times Come Again No More" sang by Mavis Staples.

Another Stephen Foster heart breaker - "Comrades Fill No Glass for Me" sang here by Ron Sexsmith.

Foster died in the charity ward of Bellevue Hospital in New York City of alcoholism.

Yeah....cats in the cradle.... 4 sons, seven grandkids....I’d actually remember this song when my sons ( and grand kids) would ask me to play with them, so I would..
Lying eyes..Eagles........a reminder of a secret relationship in my single, 70’s years....um, yeah, she was married.....
.........passed away 2 years ago.....

If this don't bring a tear you really need to check for a pulse:D
I hadn't heard this song before. Thanks for posting, and even forewarned, it seems I have a pulse.

One song that gets me every time is Cal Smith's rendition of the Don Wayne song "I Didn't Even Cry"

"What'll I Do?"

I like Sinatra's 1962 recording best.

I'm also fond of Dylan's rendition as included on the album Shadows In The Night (2015). Another track on the same LP, entitled "The Night We Called It A Day", is also quite melancholy.

Last edited:
I have too many to list, but listening to this with coffee is a great way to start your day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this one. It was written to surveil America from the Prilgrims to the war in Vietnam, but the words are so universal, they should provoke chills and tears among us today.

I literally weep everytime I hear the lyrics:

"America!
Where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?

Don't you know we need you now?
We can't stand alone against the monster?

Yes, there's a monster on the loose!
He's put our heads into the noose!
And he just sits there - - - laughing."

John Kay and Steppenwolf

GeeDeeEmm

CSN : Southern Cross..
When in the right/that state of mind, it can draw a tear or two when it comes up on my daily background digital music. :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom