Songs with a great Bass Line

"Lopsy Lu"- Stanley Clarke-Stanley Clarke
"Hope You Feel Better Love"- The Isley Brothers-The Heat Is On
"Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic", "One Woman" - Isaac Hayes-Hot Buttered Soul
"I'm a Ram"- Al Green- Gets Next To You; Subwoofer needed to get the entire feeling of this cut
"Find Him"- Cassandra Wilson- New Moon Daughter
"Hello Its Me"- The Isley Brothers- Live It Up
"Running From An Angel"-Hootie and The Blowfish- Cracked Rear View

Last edited:
Cotton Mouth- Doobie Brothers version.

Sheffield Labs Tower Of Power Direct. Pretty much the whole album but Squibb Cakes stands out for me.

Waiting For An Alibi by Thin Lizzy.

Also Dancing In The Moonlight by Thin Lizzy

Phillip Lynott was pretty underrated as a bass player, singer and songwriter. Lizzy went way beyond Jailbreak and The Boys Are Back In Town.

This one is probably pretty obscure for most. But does any one remember the Band Starcastle? Gary Strater the bass player was so underrated and had some of the best bass lines ever. Their first album recorded in 1976 was their best due to the recording quality with a focus on the bass / drums. Outstanding musicianship. OK, I'll shut up now LOL

Waiting For An Alibi by Thin Lizzy.

Also Dancing In The Moonlight by Thin Lizzy

Phillip Lynott was pretty underrated as a bass player, singer and songwriter. Lizzy went way beyond Jailbreak and The Boys Are Back In Town.
Phil was the kill. Ireland's Jimi Hendrix on bass

Phil was the kill. Ireland's Jimi Hendrix on bass
Ritchie Blackmore jammed with him in the early 70's when Ritchie was disillusioned with DP (that was every other day) and thought about forming a power trio with Phil and Ian Paice on drums. Too bad that one didn't pan out.

showing my age a bit here. I saw Thin Lizzy in 1980 when John Sykes (eventually to be with Whitesnake and Blue Murder) was the hot shot 18 year old guitarist. True, I didn't see the original Thin but this line up was outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom