Sonneteer Campion

I actually have an old Dual sitting around sporting a near-new, AK-fave AT.

Oh there must be an Ortofon MM lying around somewhere too.

But I think I'll find it to be way too substandard even if the phono in the Campion was stellar :)

Perhaps I'll run into a nice SUT at some time, but I'm pretty happy with my phono for the time being.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2

So I read elsewhere that Sonneteer's like the midway between Naim and Sugden.

What's your gut feeling on this, Art?

So I read elsewhere that Sonneteer's like the midway between Naim and Sugden.

What's your gut feeling on this, Art?

Depends on the amp. The one most like that description is the Alabaster. Tons of drive and swagger. Never gets a step wrong. At the same time inner detail and resolution relative to the inner dialogue of the musicians, regardless of the music played, is impeccable. Naim PRaT, if you will, along with Sugden insight. I prefer to think of it as the Sonneteer sound.

Right. So the Campo doesn't show much of the Sonneteer character in comparison?

If I stick with vinyl I will probably have it for a while. At least until I can afford to upgrade rather than go lateral. If I don't stick with vinyl the upgrade might happen earlier. As for now I am really happy with the sound. The Luxman CD player has been a great addition.

Did you sell off your Well Tempered table?

Art, did you say Campo had a tough time driving the Excite 12s?

I don't think so (don't remember though). The Campion does have more limitations than the other two Sonneteer amps but can drive most speakers that present a reasonable load. Of course it depends mostly on what volume you want to listen at.

Yeah well on specs it don't seem to fail my requirements. It helps that the Campo doubles up the WPC when hitting that 4 ohms.

I'm also still using/enjoying my Sonneteer Campion, and must say that it's one of the most musically involving amp's I've had/tried so far. (and I lost count, during the last 25 years)

Despite the relative low sensitivety of my Penaudio Rebels (85db) the ('round 30watts) Campion drives them easily and in fact, it's a match made in heaven. :yes:

Nice. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear how the Campo would do with my Celestion :smoke:

Nah Mike the SET is still there but no Reddo or Brio (the shortest tenure).
Even the big KEFs were long gone.

Very rough initial impression is that this Campo thing is something indeed :smoke: :beatnik:

I happened to be listening to Muddy Waters when it arrived.
Swapped the tpa3116 with the Campo and tried the same tunes again.
Ooooooh...!

I must have fallen down on the job...I didn't know you ordered one, David. Now it's here and of course a pic is obligatory.

I'm glad there is nowhere nearby that has any Sonneteer for demo.:D

Demo? Who needs a demo? Just dip in it the water is fine :smoke:

I must have fallen down on the job...I didn't know you ordered one, David.

I wouldn't be harassing you so much otherwise bro :beatnik:

Now it's here and of course a pic is obligatory.

Excuse the loose tea leaves on the desk...:smoke:

01_zpsgdayllkq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom