Sony 6060FW, should I get it?

kyonthinh

In that famous auction site there is a Sony 6060FW, FM doesnt work, amp works fine, bulb burned out, feet are missing. For 90, should I take it? I really liked its brother 6800SD, but must part with it because dual capacitors are a pain to fix.

For 90, yes, I'd say it's well worth it. FM not working is common. Bulbs and feet should be pretty easy.

In that famous auction site there is a Sony 6060FW, FM doesnt work, amp works fine, bulb burned out, feet are missing. For 90, should I take it? I really liked its brother 6800SD, but must part with it because dual capacitors are a pain to fix.

$90 is pretty reasonable although it will likely need some work to bring it up to it's potential. Mine was dull and lifeless until I had it restored.
As for the FM, if it's only the stereo that's not working, there is a fix involving swapping a couple of components that is documented somewhere here in the forum.

index.php

Awesome!! Do you have a parts list of caps you used? Mine is still stock, and a recap would be a good project.

I wrote by hand from restoration topic, the value and voltage, then buy it on ebay or local electronic store.

My amp started to develope some popping and cratchy sound from the right channel. Turned out to be a dead driver transistor in power amp board. Replaced all three of them with onsemi and fairchild counterpart and it works again. These dont normally fail but they do sometimes I guess. I also change 2 small value capacitor in power amp board to wima film. Now the low bass hum is gone, bass is very crisp and fast. I compared to my tandberg tr2080 and it is a no match. Tandberg sounds too warm. Maybe I will do a recap on it and compare them again.

Back
Top Bottom