Sony Cdp-50 Question

OMI

Found one at the local TS for $6.00. I know that the drive belt for the tray needs replacing. The unit will accept the CD but not run. Anyone have any idea as to a simple fix if the unit is worth attempting a repair. Looks to be a fairly well built player and the CD drive section comes right out and is easy to get too. Thanks for any input...

Usually the only problem is the loading belt. When the belt slips, the mechanism doesn't lift up all the way into the play position and it doesn't close the switch that tells the micro the mech is in play position. So it won't play, even though the drawer may go in.

I did notice that the belt was streached and sure looked like it needed replacement. Can you point me to a source and possible part number for the belt???

Thanks...

looked at partsolver and found a BELT, LM for #3.52. Gotta be load mech... ordered it and with shipping about $6.50. Will see when I get it. Hope the belt is the problem. If so may end up with a nice little player for about $13.00

The belt did the trick!!!! Thanks!!!!! If you like contemporary guitar I found a GREAT LP (independent label so most likely loooong ago out of pressing - 1978) and copied to CD. Send me you address I will shoot you a copy in the mail...

Back
Top Bottom