Sony cdp-50 Spindle Problem

ManFromPorlock

I have a Sony cdp-50 cd player which has a problem with the spindle arm not always coming down all the way on the cd; with the top removed, pushing the arm down with a finger works as a short-term solution, but what do I do to fix the problem?

If there are two or so screws at the back of the arm, I adjusted them (on an NEC) until I got the arm to lift, load and clamp properly. It will take some fiddling to get it just right, but when I could shove the tray in hard without causing clamping errors numerous times, it should be fixed. At least in my experience.

I had a CDP-510 (1987) w/ that same problem, try what asyncho says, if not junk her and get another deck! Thats what I did, got a harman/kardon HD200 (1988)

You've entered "Camp Clamp"...

Yes, that's the model I had, and if the arm doesn't work properly it wil not only fail to clamp properly, if it gets slightly worse the clamp blocks the door from opening and closing correctly. It seems to me that Sony and NEC may have some things in common, parts or design-wise.

I got some well-deserved chagrin the other day when I learned that you DON'T TILT a carousel when moving it UNLESS you remove the DISCS :yikes: :lmao: They were neatly piled on top of the mainboard when I removed the cover (door left out) :scratch2: :sigh:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DOOOOFUS! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Back
Top Bottom