Sony CDP-650ESD ?

Phinfan

There doesn't seem to be too much information on this CD player that I can find. Not much on auction sites, just a few mentions here.

Was wondering where this player ranks in Sony's hierarchy at the time? I see the 608, the 508 and not sure of the differences and how they would compare.

The 650 and 650II were the top of the line in ‘85-6. They each listed for 1,300.00US, and had some of the best sound quality at the time.

I own the cdp 620es. It sounds great. Built like a tank. Laser is still strong. I did have to replace the belt once. I was told that I should always be giving it a workout at least once a week. If not I would have to store it upside down to prevent the laser assembly from collapsing. But no issues whatsoever which is pretty dam good considering the player is from 85-86

I own the cdp 620es. It sounds great. Built like a tank. Laser is still strong. I did have to replace the belt once. I was told that I should always be giving it a workout at least once a week. If not I would have to store it upside down to prevent the laser assembly from collapsing. But no issues whatsoever which is pretty dam good considering the player is from 85-86

Appreciate that response, never heard of that before about the laser. I was lucky enough to acquire one and I was happy because it seemed to see such little use, except for one smaller discoloration on the top, it is literally pristine. It has been gone through and serviced and was in great shape supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom