1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sony CDP-X33ES tray closing by itself

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by todd141, Aug 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. todd141

todd141 New Member

Hi everyone. I have the above mentioned player, and when I open the drawer the belt doesn't sound like it stops spinning and after about 1 or 2 seconds, the tray closes by itself.

I tried looking for some type of switch that signals tray open/closed, etc. but couldn't find one on this mechanism. Just a white cam that turns.

Any experience with this happening? Belt looks fine, but I ordered one and will replace it anyway.

Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dr*audio

dr*audio Fish fingers and custard! Subscriber

There has to be a tray limit switch. try looking under the mechanism.

3. todd141

todd141 New Member

I looked but I cannot see one..... here the mechanism.

upload_2018-8-1_7-59-58.png
    upload_2018-8-1_8-0-46.png

4. dr*audio

See that #921? I think it's on that board.

guiller likes this.
  5. todd141

todd141 New Member

Thanks, I will check it out! Appreciate the help.

6. todd141

todd141 New Member

In case anyone else has this issue - there are two clear plastic things that are near a small circuit board, one near "in" and one near "out" printed on the board. Diagram doesn't show these. The clear "knob" on mine near the "out" should have a plastic piece on the tray that pushes it forward a bit when the tray is all the way open and mine is missing/broken off. So that switch never gets actuated and the gears keep spinning and after about 2 seconds it auto-closes. Since it stays open for about 2 seconds I have plenty of time to put the disk in. I bought this for 65 dollars, and it sound great so no big deal for me.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. dr*audio

You can probably make a new piece by drilling a small hole in the drawer, where the piece broke off, and glue a small nail or paperclip in the hole with JB Weld. Then cut it to the appropriate length.

guiller likes this.
  8. todd141

todd141 New Member

Definitely going to try this.