Sony Core Series SSCS5

dclovell

Back into vinyl
I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of these from Best Buy last night. $113.00 open box for the pair. I see limited reviews online, but what I see is positive.

My question is for those of you that have or have heard these, what are your impressions?

I have a small living room and have been using some Insignias that came as a 5.1 package. 110w receiver. I have to figure these will be a step up.

I'm not trying to start a snarky speaker war conversation, just get some honest opinions.
Thanks in advance.

I just took home a pair of SS-CS3 and I am quite delighted. They seem to do absolutely everything right, aside from bass below 40hz. They are very well balanced, detailed, sweet, and have no harshness or graininess whatsoever. I have to say that these are one of the best pairs of speakers I've had under $600, used, even.
Sony did a great thing especially with the treble range. They are sweet and extended.
I've had many reputable brands, and I think that Sony is capable of making the most out of low material cost-- much like DCM, not that they've skimped much here.
These remind me of some models of DCM, B&W, and Vandersteen... Maybe Bostons. They are similar to ADS, but not as bright, and are very easy to place.

Wonderful. I've heard that they stomp all over anything within a fair range of their price.

They make me a very happy listener.

Back
Top Bottom