Awesomeaudio

Hey guys, I'm not a pro photographer, more just a hobbiest.
I have this W-55 and has served me well for around 7 years until recently.
Take a look at the video and see if you know what is going on with it.
I recently purchased a Sony Cybershot RX100 and wow, what a camera.
I also have a Canon 600D SLR which is also quite good.

Guesses:

1) Conductive dirt in the on-off switch? I had a point and shoot once (different brand) that wasn't water proof enough - got caught in the rain, and it did this until it dried out.
2) battery failing?

Thanks for responding.
Well to be honest, It's never been in the rain so I can rule that out.
The dust/dirt in the switch could be a possibility. I haven't thought about that.
I might try some electrical spray cleaner and see if this does anything.
As for the battery, believe it or not, it still uses the original issue Sony Battery and it still holds charge and lasts for ages. Sony Quality.
I'd like to get it going because it does infact take some really nice pictures courtesy of the Ziess lens.
If it doesn't work out, I have the Sony RX100, and is a superior quality unit.

Is the lens cover stuck?
If I recall, the lens barrel extends, and the lens cover opens. If something jams any part of this process (e.g., turning on the camera while it is in your pocket) everything reverses and tries again, and if it's still jammed, defaults to the closed position.

Hey Willyrover, I recall that video. I did extend the lens and pull the battery to blow it out and this didn't fix it.
I've never accidently opened in my pocket for it to get debris in or have it jam up.
It's always in its pocket case and used lightly. it's still in pretty nice condition considering its age.
I am going to try the electrical cleaner later this morning and report back.
Like I mentioned. One day it was fine, and the next it started going stupid.

Back
Top Bottom